I need the best router for passing signal through walls.

SUPERmegaPIEman

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hey, I am having problems with my current router, so I plan to get a new one. I need one that has the best for wireless transmitting, as I have many walls in my house, and the current router is sat on the floor in direct sight on my pc, as it means the difference between 5mb internet and 55mb. I need a good router (preferably cheap) that will transmit through walls, so I don't have to sit it on the floor, and not on the table.

Thanks in advance.

SUPERmegaPIEman

Honorable
May 20, 2012
We are talking three walls, not sure what they are made of, but they are quite thick. Moving my router 2 foot changes the speed from 50mb to 5 mb, due to the wall being there.

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Most routers already transmit at the maximum power so they pretty much all penetrate the wall the same. If you are going to buy a new router buy one that has 3x3 mimo. The mimo feature is used combined signal that is bounced around. It can get signal that goes around the wall. You PC must also have the feature to do any good.

Replacing the router will make little difference if the only path is though a wall that can block signal. It takes very little to block the signal. The windows on the office I work at have some kind of metal film you can't even see but they almost completely block wireless as well as most cell phone signal.