i730 nextel on tmobile

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 18, 2005 4:00:38 PM

good morning. i am confused. i have just moved service from nextel to
tmobile. i have a nextel/motorola i730 that i would like to use on tmobile.
nextel tells me it will not work on tmobile,tmobile tells me to contact
nextel. i see several websites that claims they can unlock the phone for use
on any carrier. i understand nextel is tdms and tmobile is gsm. what am i to
believe? what are my options? thanks for any clarification.....jerry

More about : i730 nextel tmobile

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 12:44:13 AM

They are correct. You need a GSM phone. When you see ads that say a
phone can be unlocked to work with any carrier they mean that a GSM
phone locked to Cingular can be unlocked to work with any GSM carrier,
such as TMobile. Phones that are different technologies are not
interchangeable. There are 3 basic technologies in us in the USA: GSM,
TDMA and CDMA (with variations among them) as well as the old analog
system. .

From:Jerry
kd4svt@tampabay.rr.com

> good morning. i am confused. i have just moved service from nextel to
> tmobile. i have a nextel/motorola i730 that i would like to use on
> tmobile. nextel tells me it will not work on tmobile,tmobile tells me
> to contact nextel. i see several websites that claims they can unlock
> the phone for use on any carrier. i understand nextel is tdms and
> tmobile is gsm. what am i to believe? what are my options? thanks for
> any clarification.....jerry
April 20, 2005 6:59:28 AM

your options is to get another phone that is GSM. your Nextel phone
will NOT work on T-Mobile as T-Mobile only supports GSm cell's.

Jerry wrote:
> good morning. i am confused. i have just moved service from nextel to
> tmobile. i have a nextel/motorola i730 that i would like to use on tmobile.
> nextel tells me it will not work on tmobile,tmobile tells me to contact
> nextel. i see several websites that claims they can unlock the phone for use
> on any carrier. i understand nextel is tdms and tmobile is gsm. what am i to
> believe? what are my options? thanks for any clarification.....jerry

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 11:26:58 PM

Nextel phones will not work on any other carrier. Nextel is based on
different technologies and different frequencies.

You might try selling that phone to get the money for a new/used GSM
phone.

!