    system. .

    From:Jerry
    kd4svt@tampabay.rr.com

    > good morning. i am confused. i have just moved service from nextel to
    > tmobile. i have a nextel/motorola i730 that i would like to use on
    > tmobile. nextel tells me it will not work on tmobile,tmobile tells me
    > to contact nextel. i see several websites that claims they can unlock
    > the phone for use on any carrier. i understand nextel is tdms and
    > tmobile is gsm. what am i to believe? what are my options? thanks for
    > any clarification.....jerry

    your options is to get another phone that is GSM. your Nextel phone
    will NOT work on T-Mobile as T-Mobile only supports GSm cell's.

    Jerry wrote:
    > good morning. i am confused. i have just moved service from nextel to
    > tmobile. i have a nextel/motorola i730 that i would like to use on tmobile.
    > nextel tells me it will not work on tmobile,tmobile tells me to contact
    > nextel. i see several websites that claims they can unlock the phone for use
    > on any carrier. i understand nextel is tdms and tmobile is gsm. what am i to
    > believe? what are my options? thanks for any clarification.....jerry

    Nextel phones will not work on any other carrier. Nextel is based on
    different technologies and different frequencies.

    You might try selling that phone to get the money for a new/used GSM
    phone.

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:00:38 GMT, "Jerry" <kd4svt@tampabay.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >good morning. i am confused. i have just moved service from nextel to
    >tmobile. i have a nextel/motorola i730 that i would like to use on tmobile.
    >nextel tells me it will not work on tmobile,tmobile tells me to contact
    >nextel. i see several websites that claims they can unlock the phone for use
    >on any carrier. i understand nextel is tdms and tmobile is gsm. what am i to
    >believe? what are my options? thanks for any clarification.....jerry

Motorola Nextel