MPT for Locked V551

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 19, 2005 12:13:50 PM

Is it true that the Mobile Phone Tools software only works on an
unlocked V551 or other Motorola phones? T.I.A.

davidT

More about : mpt locked v551

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 11:32:56 PM

No. Assuming you mean a subsidy lock, that has nothing to with MPT
working with it.

From:D avidT
tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com

> Is it true that the Mobile Phone Tools software only works on an
> unlocked V551 or other Motorola phones? T.I.A.
>
> davidT
April 19, 2005 11:32:57 PM

BruceR wrote:
> No. Assuming you mean a subsidy lock, that has nothing to with MPT
> working with it.
>
> From:D avidT
> tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com
>

>>Is it true that the Mobile Phone Tools software only works on an
>>unlocked V551 or other Motorola phones? T.I.A.
>>
>>davidT

Thanks very much for your reply. As the MPT guide only says that it
must not be locked, I don't know if it means a "subsidy lock" or not.
What is it anyway? Thanks, BruceR!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 7:03:58 AM

What they're refering to there is the security code lock that would set
if you wanted to keep somebody from being able to use your phone. One
would typically do that for a non-flip phone so that when the keypad is
bumped it won't inadvertently place a call.
The subsidy lock I refered to is one where the phone is locked to only
work on one provider's network.

From:D avidT
tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com

> BruceR wrote:
>> No. Assuming you mean a subsidy lock, that has nothing to with MPT
>> working with it.
>>
>> From:D avidT
>> tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com
>>

>>> Is it true that the Mobile Phone Tools software only works on an
>>> unlocked V551 or other Motorola phones? T.I.A.
>>>
>>> davidT
>>

> Thanks very much for your reply. As the MPT guide only says that it
> must not be locked, I don't know if it means a "subsidy lock" or not.
> What is it anyway? Thanks, BruceR!
April 20, 2005 7:03:59 AM

BruceR wrote:
> What they're refering to there is the security code lock that would set
> if you wanted to keep somebody from being able to use your phone. One
> would typically do that for a non-flip phone so that when the keypad is
> bumped it won't inadvertently place a call.
> The subsidy lock I refered to is one where the phone is locked to only
> work on one provider's network.
>
> From:D avidT
> tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com
>

>>BruceR wrote:
>>
>>>No. Assuming you mean a subsidy lock, that has nothing to with MPT
>>>working with it.
>>>
>>>From:D avidT
>>>tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com

>> Thanks very much for your reply. As the MPT guide only says that it
>>must not be locked, I don't know if it means a "subsidy lock" or not.
>>What is it anyway? Thanks, BruceR!

Many thanks for your time and advice, BruceR. I am very grateful to you
for all your help!
!