    working with it.

    From:davidT
    tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com

    BruceR wrote:
    > No. Assuming you mean a subsidy lock, that has nothing to with MPT
    > working with it.
    >
    > From:davidT
    > tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com
    >

    >>Is it true that the Mobile Phone Tools software only works on an
    >>unlocked V551 or other Motorola phones? T.I.A.
    >>
    >>davidT

    Thanks very much for your reply. As the MPT guide only says that it
    must not be locked, I don't know if it means a "subsidy lock" or not.
    What is it anyway? Thanks, BruceR!

    What they're refering to there is the security code lock that would set
    if you wanted to keep somebody from being able to use your phone. One
    would typically do that for a non-flip phone so that when the keypad is
    bumped it won't inadvertently place a call.
    The subsidy lock I refered to is one where the phone is locked to only
    work on one provider's network.

    From:davidT

    BruceR wrote:
    > What they're refering to there is the security code lock that would set
    > if you wanted to keep somebody from being able to use your phone. One
    > would typically do that for a non-flip phone so that when the keypad is
    > bumped it won't inadvertently place a call.
    > The subsidy lock I refered to is one where the phone is locked to only
    > work on one provider's network.
    >
    > From:davidT
    > tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com
    >

    >>BruceR wrote:
    >>
    >>>No. Assuming you mean a subsidy lock, that has nothing to with MPT
    >>>working with it.
    >>>
    >>>From:davidT
    >>>tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com

    >> Thanks very much for your reply. As the MPT guide only says that it
    >>must not be locked, I don't know if it means a "subsidy lock" or not.
    >>What is it anyway? Thanks, BruceR!

    Many thanks for your time and advice, BruceR. I am very grateful to you
    for all your help!

Motorola Mobile Phones