Voice Mail -Where is it Controlled?

My mpx220 jumps to voice mail after only 1 or 2 rings. How and where can I
lengthen the time or rings before that happens.

Cingular service
mpx220

Thanks,
Wayne
6 answers Last reply
More about voice mail where controlled

    In message <xib9e.36418$qO6.27825@trnddc05> "NoSpamPlease"
    <NoSpam55@verizon.net> wrote:

    >My mpx220 jumps to voice mail after only 1 or 2 rings. How and where can I
    >lengthen the time or rings before that happens.

    You'll probably need to contact your carrier.

    --
    No user-serviceable parts

    **61*12674812542**30# Send (30 at the end means 30 seconds which is 6 rings,
    the default is 20, which is 4 rings, 25 for 5 rings)

    In article <xib9e.36418$qO6.27825@trnddc05>,
    "NoSpamPlease" <NoSpam55@verizon.net> wrote:

    > My mpx220 jumps to voice mail after only 1 or 2 rings. How and where can I
    > lengthen the time or rings before that happens.
    >
    > Cingular service
    > mpx220

    Cingular is GSM, so the GSM feature codes apply. I just googled on
    "setting voice mail delay on GSM" and the 7th link is

    http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.asp

    which looks like it has all of them. You need to know the number your
    voice mail is being forwarded to, which is probably stored in the phone
    somewhere, and then you can dial

    *61*<voicemail number>*<seconds>#

    to set forwarding if no answer after <seconds> to <voicemail number>.
    There are other combinations, you may have to experiment a bit.
    --
    Kevin Michael Vail | a billion stars go spinning through the night,
    kevin@vaildc.net | blazing high above your head.

    "Kevin Michael Vail" <kevin@vaildc.net> wrote in message
    > In article <xib9e.36418$qO6.27825@trnddc05>,
    > "NoSpamPlease" <NoSpam55@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >> My mpx220 jumps to voice mail after only 1 or 2 rings. How and where can
    >> lengthen the time or rings before that happens.
    >>
    >> Cingular service
    >> mpx220
    >
    > Cingular is GSM, so the GSM feature codes apply. I just googled on
    > "setting voice mail delay on GSM" and the 7th link is
    >
    > http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.asp
    >
    > which looks like it has all of them. You need to know the number your
    > voice mail is being forwarded to, which is probably stored in the phone
    > somewhere, and then you can dial
    >
    > *61*<voicemail number>*<seconds>#
    >
    > to set forwarding if no answer after <seconds> to <voicemail number>.
    > There are other combinations, you may have to experiment a bit.
    > --
    > Kevin Michael Vail | a billion stars go spinning through the night,
    > kevin@vaildc.net | blazing high above your head.
    > . . . . . . . . . | But _in_ you is the presence that
    > . . . . . . . . | will be, when all the stars are dead.
    > . . . . . . . . . | (Rainer Maria Rilke)

    Dial *691*+1xxxxxxxxxx*11*tt#

    Where xxxxxxxxxx is your market's VM number and tt is the time inseconds you
    want the phone to ring for, the valid range is 1-30.

    Just type it in and hit send/call and you should get some sort of
    confirmation message.

    bamp

    "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message

    > "Kevin Michael Vail" <kevin@vaildc.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <xib9e.36418$qO6.27825@trnddc05>,
    >> "NoSpamPlease" <NoSpam55@verizon.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>> My mpx220 jumps to voice mail after only 1 or 2 rings. How and where
    >>> can I
    >>> lengthen the time or rings before that happens.
    >>>
    >>> Cingular service
    >>> mpx220
    >>
    >> Cingular is GSM, so the GSM feature codes apply. I just googled on
    >> "setting voice mail delay on GSM" and the 7th link is
    >>
    >> http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.asp
    >>
    >> which looks like it has all of them. You need to know the number your
    >> voice mail is being forwarded to, which is probably stored in the phone
    >> somewhere, and then you can dial
    >>
    >> *61*<voicemail number>*<seconds>#
    >>
    >> to set forwarding if no answer after <seconds> to <voicemail number>.
    >> There are other combinations, you may have to experiment a bit.
    >> --
    >> Kevin Michael Vail | a billion stars go spinning through the night,
    >> kevin@vaildc.net | blazing high above your head.
    >> . . . . . . . . . | But _in_ you is the presence that
    >> . . . . . . . . | will be, when all the stars are dead.
    >> . . . . . . . . . | (Rainer Maria Rilke)
    >

    > Dial *691*+1xxxxxxxxxx*11*tt#
    >
    > Where xxxxxxxxxx is your market's VM number and tt is the time inseconds
    > you want the phone to ring for, the valid range is 1-30.
    >
    > Just type it in and hit send/call and you should get some sort of
    > confirmation message.
    >

    > bamp
    Should be *61*+1xxxxxxxxxx*11*tt# sorry.

    bamp

    Hi:

    When I asked Cingular about this they were able to lengthen it to 30 seconds
    on their end. I did not have to modify anything.

    Bob

    > "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Kevin Michael Vail" <kevin@vaildc.net> wrote in message

    > >> Cingular is GSM, so the GSM feature codes apply. I just googled on
    > >> "setting voice mail delay on GSM" and the 7th link is
    > >>
    > >> http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.asp
    > >>
    > >> which looks like it has all of them. You need to know the number your
    > >> voice mail is being forwarded to, which is probably stored in the phone
    > >> somewhere, and then you can dial
    > >>
    > >> *61*<voicemail number>*<seconds>#
    > >>
    > >> to set forwarding if no answer after <seconds> to <voicemail number>.
    > >> There are other combinations, you may have to experiment a bit.
    > >> --
    > >> Kevin Michael Vail | a billion stars go spinning through the night,
    > >> kevin@vaildc.net | blazing high above your head.
    > >> . . . . . . . . . | But _in_ you is the presence that
    > >> . . . . . . . . | will be, when all the stars are dead.
    > >> . . . . . . . . . | (Rainer Maria Rilke)
    > >

    > > Dial *691*+1xxxxxxxxxx*11*tt#
    > >
    > > Where xxxxxxxxxx is your market's VM number and tt is the time inseconds
    > > you want the phone to ring for, the valid range is 1-30.
    > >
    > > Just type it in and hit send/call and you should get some sort of
    > > confirmation message.
    > >

    > > bamp
    > Should be *61*+1xxxxxxxxxx*11*tt# sorry.
    >
    > bamp

Motorola Voice Mail Cingular