GVmanX

Honorable
May 1, 2012
Me and a friend just installed Windows 7 on his computer and now it's not even detecting an internet connection. We're using a direct connection with an ethernet cable and his laptop is connecting just fine. Before we installed Windows 7 it was connecting just fine. We've tried reinstalling it and that didn't help.

GVmanX

Honorable
May 1, 2012
Just to add something real quick, we have it plugged into a modem directly.

Anyway, you'll have to forgive my ignorance as I don't know anything about a lan driver, I'll check the bios here quick, and I didn't see a network adapter in the device manager.

If there is no network adapter in device manager then you haven't loaded the driver for the adapter.
If you go into the bios and under the advanced tab you should see a lan controller option and it wants to be enabled.
In the back of the computer case where all the usb ports are is there an ethernet port ?
If there is no ethernet port then you don't have a lan controller.
What do you have for a computer , laptop or desktop?

GVmanX

Honorable
May 1, 2012
It's a desktop. I've been plugging the cable into the ethernet port.

EDIT: Under the advanced settings in the BIOS all I see is PCI Subsystem settings, acpi settings, intergrated peripherals, usb configuration, super io configuragion, hardware monitor, power management system, and wake up event setup.

EDIT2: I'm a moron; I found lan controller under intergrated peripherals. Under the Onboard Lan Configuration section, Onboard Lan controller1 is enabled but Lan option ROM is disabled. I'm gonna try turning that on and seeing if it works.

GVmanX

Honorable
May 1, 2012
It didn't connect, but it did make a new screen appear. It says:

client mac addr: This is where what I'm assuming is the MAC address appears. GUID: I'm guessing the series here is the GUID.
DHCP: This has a loading symbol next to it that spins for a while. When it finishes it says "No DHCP or DHCP proxy found," or something along those lines.