bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
First describe what kind of system you are planning to build or that you are trying to upgrade. Helping you will be eisier after we know what you are working on. Also include any monitary constraints that you have. We don't want to recommend something outside your price range.

<b><font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> <font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> He's our man! If he can't do it no one can!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Bum_JCRules on 01/14/03 11:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

leon_the_pro

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
ok i want to built a p4 2.53ghz so i can overclock it to 2.8ghz if possible . i will get a geforce ti 4200 or 4400 series. so which ram is the best and what is cl2, cas2 and cl2.5 , cas2.5 mean .by the way money is not important as long as i will get the best . so please help me to built a system which will stable if overclocked. thanx

by the u can recommend me other components if geforce for example is not good, tell the best m/b , hhd, etc

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
Dual Channel 1066 RDRAM will offer the best performance but the price tag can be a little much. (Unless you shop around and wait for a good price.) The Dual DDR chipsets for P4 are not all that great yet. Even Intel's E7205 will not give you performance levels of RDRAM. But if you are looking for cost the DDR will be cheaper.

Questions...

1. What level of performance are you looking for?

2. Do you want a dual channel DDR platform?

2b. If so, what motherboard are you going to use?

Asus P4G8X
Gigabyte GA-8INXP
Tyan Trinity i7205 S2662
Tyan Tiger i7500 S2722

or another board?

3. If you are looking for Single Channel DDR, what board are you going to use? (There are a lot to choose from.)

4. Have you looked at using RDRAM?

Back to you...

<b><font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> <font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> He's our man! If he can't do it no one can!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Bum_JCRules on 01/14/03 11:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

leon_the_pro

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
thanx for answering . well i am looking for a dual channel ddr m/b for buying ,thats why iam looking for best ddr ram outthere. u say that the m/b at persent which support dual ddr are not verygood. so u think this will change ?? if yes i think i better wait to see what m/b companies will come up with . and if i buy a m/b which supports dual ddr i perfer it from asus . what do u think abt the companies like corsair which advertise pc3500 , pc 3700 etc whats the use of these if m/b offical support 333mhz and 400mhz and in your opinion which is best ddr ram ? regarding RDRAM its a bit expensive and i don't want to invest in a dead product (this was said by THG that rambus is dead) .

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
I would wait to spend money for a slower DDR Dual Board. Intel will probably build a better chipset soon enough for the P4.

As for brand names. Depends on what you are using it for.

Corsair for Overclocking... Micron/Crucial for regular use.

All of that PC3500 and PC3700 is all overclocked stuff. JEDEC does not have a standard for PC3400/DDR400 yet. There will be chipsets with controllers for 200MHz soon enough. I would sit tight for a little bit longer.

<b><font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> <font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> He's our man! If he can't do it no one can!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Bum_JCRules on 01/14/03 11:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
I would strongly suggest waiting on boards with the sis655 chipset....Im sure they will rock the granite bay....if you are impatient go with the gigabyte dual ddr mobo....the pe boards arent that far behind in performance compared to the granite bays and are much cheaper...the asus p4pe is the best here.....as far as memory I suggest 2 sticks of OCZ pc3500 enhanced latency modules...