HELP!!!! How do you get mp3's to work as ringtones on v400?

Last response: in Brands
April 20, 2005 2:41:43 PM

HELP!!!! How do you get mp3's to work as ringtones on v400? I can play
them on the phone but can't use them as ringtones, Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks, Steve
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 11:37:43 PM

Two ways to do it: Go to the list of "Sounds" and highlight the one you
want. Press the menu button (top center) and select "Add as Ringtone."
You can also go to Menu: Settings: Audio: Loud Detail and change it
there. It's all in the manual, page 76.
Lose the manual? Download it here:
http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/manual.htm...

From:Metalhead
me@yomama.com

> HELP!!!! How do you get mp3's to work as ringtones on v400? I can play
> them on the phone but can't use them as ringtones, Any help would be
> appreciated. Thanks, Steve
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 11:37:44 PM

Thanks for responding Bruce but the "add as ringtone" option doesn't
come up for the mp3. It's 9 seconds long, 9.74kb, bitrate is 8kbs and
type says AMR. Maybe it's the wrong bitrate or type for ringtones but
it plays it no problem. Would you happen to know the exact specs
required for it to work as in bitrate, length of time, file size
etc... Again thanks for the help, Steve

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:37:43 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>Two ways to do it: Go to the list of "Sounds" and highlight the one you
>want. Press the menu button (top center) and select "Add as Ringtone."
>You can also go to Menu: Settings: Audio: Loud Detail and change it
>there. It's all in the manual, page 76.
>Lose the manual? Download it here:
> http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/manual.htm...
>

>From:Metalhead
>me@yomama.com
>
>> HELP!!!! How do you get mp3's to work as ringtones on v400? I can play
>> them on the phone but can't use them as ringtones, Any help would be
>> appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 12:44:43 AM

Send me the tone and I'll try to d/l it. All my MP3s work the same. Take
the "NOSPAM" out of my address.

From:Metalhead
me@yomama.com

!