    http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/manual.html

    From:Metalhead
    me@yomama.com

    > HELP!!!! How do you get mp3's to work as ringtones on v400? I can play
    > them on the phone but can't use them as ringtones, Any help would be
    > appreciated. Thanks, Steve

    Thanks for responding Bruce but the "add as ringtone" option doesn't
    come up for the mp3. It's 9 seconds long, 9.74kb, bitrate is 8kbs and
    type says AMR. Maybe it's the wrong bitrate or type for ringtones but
    it plays it no problem. Would you happen to know the exact specs
    required for it to work as in bitrate, length of time, file size
    etc... Again thanks for the help, Steve

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:37:43 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    wrote:

    >Two ways to do it: Go to the list of "Sounds" and highlight the one you
    >want. Press the menu button (top center) and select "Add as Ringtone."
    >You can also go to Menu: Settings: Audio: Loud Detail and change it
    >there. It's all in the manual, page 76.
    >Lose the manual? Download it here:
    > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/manual.html
    >

    >From:Metalhead
    >me@yomama.com
    >
    >> HELP!!!! How do you get mp3's to work as ringtones on v400? I can play
    >> them on the phone but can't use them as ringtones, Any help would be
    >> appreciated. Thanks, Steve

    Send me the tone and I'll try to d/l it. All my MP3s work the same. Take
    the "NOSPAM" out of my address.

    From:Metalhead
    me@yomama.com

    > Thanks for responding Bruce but the "add as ringtone" option doesn't
    > come up for the mp3. It's 9 seconds long, 9.74kb, bitrate is 8kbs and
    > type says AMR. Maybe it's the wrong bitrate or type for ringtones but
    > it plays it no problem. Would you happen to know the exact specs
    > required for it to work as in bitrate, length of time, file size
    > etc... Again thanks for the help, Steve
    >

    > On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:37:43 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Two ways to do it: Go to the list of "Sounds" and highlight the one
    >> you want. Press the menu button (top center) and select "Add as
    >> Ringtone." You can also go to Menu: Settings: Audio: Loud Detail and
    >> change it there. It's all in the manual, page 76.
    >> Lose the manual? Download it here:
    >> http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/manual.html
    >>

    >> From:Metalhead
    >> me@yomama.com
    >>
    >>> HELP!!!! How do you get mp3's to work as ringtones on v400? I can
    >>> play them on the phone but can't use them as ringtones, Any help
    >>> would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Motorola Phones MP3