Razr V3: Battery Issues

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 21, 2005 3:01:26 AM

I purchased a Motorola Razr V3 as an equipment upgrade from Cingular
Wireless yesterday. I got it charged completely and took it off the charger
this morning and went on to work. Battery level stayed at the top level all
day long. I got home from work (9 hours after I took it off the charger) and
it was at 50%. I ate dinner (rather late), around 13 hours after I took it
off the charger this morning, and it was beeping at me... said low battery.

I plugged in the charger and it's charging now. It's been charging for about
2 hours and is still only on the 2nd bar (of 3) for charging. Every so
often, the flashing "green" battery with bars in it will turn into a
flashing solid red battery... and then goes away.

I can find nothing in the manual about this "red" battery. Is this a battery
issue? or a phone issue? Do I need to replace either one of them (under
warranty of course).

Thanks for any input!

Tim

More about : razr battery issues

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 3:51:33 AM

Tim Wrote:
> I purchased a Motorola Razr V3 as an equipment upgrade from Cingular
> Wireless yesterday. I got it charged completely and took it off the
> charger
> this morning and went on to work. Battery level stayed at the top level
> all
> day long. I got home from work (9 hours after I took it off the
> charger) and
> it was at 50%. I ate dinner (rather late), around 13 hours after I took
> it
> off the charger this morning, and it was beeping at me... said low
> battery.
>
> I plugged in the charger and it's charging now. It's been charging for
> about
> 2 hours and is still only on the 2nd bar (of 3) for charging. Every so
> often, the flashing "green" battery with bars in it will turn into a
> flashing solid red battery... and then goes away.
>
> I can find nothing in the manual about this "red" battery. Is this a
> battery
> issue? or a phone issue? Do I need to replace either one of them
> (under
> warranty of course).
>
> Thanks for any input!
>
> Tim

The red battery icon is just telling you that the battery needs
charging, some new phones come with a completely drained battery so
some extra charging cycles may be needed to fully condition your
battery.

You may also want to check and see if the battery is making full
contact and that it's sitting properly on the phone, take it out and
reinstall just to make sure, also make sure that your charger is
plugged all the way into your phone.

The battery charging icon will take some time for it to show three
bars, just give your phone time to charge and it will get there, if you
see that your standby time does not improve within a few days of
charging cycles then have your phone checked out.

--
Tony E!