Majeskty

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi,
I have Easy Creator Platinum 5 and installed a different cd-burner. For some reason when I go to format a cd-rw disk I do not have the ability to click on Full Format the only option is Quick Format. Can anyone point me to a way to be able to use Full Format option? Also in options I can not change the Ejection method from 'show dialog box'. I am wondering if I have a problem with the software?

Thanks to all

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
try a reinstall on top of your present install

<b><font color=blue>Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most </b></font color=blue>

Majeskty

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the reply,
Just finished last night checking out Roxio's site forum on this same issue. Looks like there is a new type of formatting called Mount Ranier (EasyWrite). If your cd-burner supports it the software automatically (at least Easy Creator 5 Platinum) selects this as your ONLY option for formatting. I guess this occured in their last version upgrade. At the moment Roxio is not answering the question of WHY we don't have the option of using this type of formatting. The only real solution to have the long format you would have to uninstall everything and redo the patches and avoid the one that gives the software the Mt. Rainer protocol. Mt Rainer/EasyWrite will format the disc in the background if you leave the disc in the drive. How long it takes I don't know. But this protocol allows drag and drop or use of the disc in like a couple minutes.

Thanks for the help
James