Motorola V180 - How to stop it from beeping all the time

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
April 21, 2005 11:03:50 PM

I have the Motorola V180 and Cingular Service.

When I miss calles (whether they leave a voice mail or not) the
phone adds the call and number to the "Recent Calls" list. Ok. Fine.

But it also beeps once every 5 minutes. Sometimes this is a feature
I like. But sometimes it drives me nuts.

Besides just having to delete the recent calls list every time...is
there a way to turn this feature off??

Thanks,
Gary
April 22, 2005 1:09:27 PM

Gary wrote:
> I have the Motorola V180 and Cingular Service.
>
> When I miss calles (whether they leave a voice mail or not) the
> phone adds the call and number to the "Recent Calls" list. Ok. Fine.
>
> But it also beeps once every 5 minutes. Sometimes this is a feature
> I like. But sometimes it drives me nuts.
>
> Besides just having to delete the recent calls list every time...is
> there a way to turn this feature off??
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

A lot of phones have a 'reminder' function that serves notice of a
missed event. Most Moto phones these days have buttons on them
somewhere that can be used to 'acknowledge' the reminder and stop the
incessant reminder beeps. The V551 is one such phone with buttons on
the side, and when used this way, the Recent Calls list remains intact
along with one's sanity.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:03:50 GMT, "Gary" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have the Motorola V180 and Cingular Service.
>
>When I miss calles (whether they leave a voice mail or not) the
>phone adds the call and number to the "Recent Calls" list. Ok. Fine.
>
>But it also beeps once every 5 minutes. Sometimes this is a feature
>I like. But sometimes it drives me nuts.
>
>Besides just having to delete the recent calls list every time...is
>there a way to turn this feature off??
>
>Thanks,
>Gary

I could not find it in the Users Manual but if it's like other
Motorolas it might be in the Style Detail. Try going to

Menu > Settings > Ring Styles > style Detail >

Scroll around. There should be something like "Reminders" or "Missed
Call Alert" that you can change. Mine lets me choose Beep, Vibrate or
OFF.

Hope that helps.