Is this quirk common to other apps?

Last response: in Home Audio
December 10, 2004 12:28:46 PM

In SONAR (2.2), when you copy a waveform (from the menu options), then move
another one out of the way, then paste the waveform - it pastes the one you
moved. Nothing causes more spontaneous expletives in my place!
Obviously it's had to put the moved one on the clipboard which usurps the
previous one; but do other recording apps do this? In other respects it
behaves like any Windows app such as Word (eg Ctrl+drag also copies) but
Word sure doesn't do this!!

More about : quirk common apps

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 12:28:47 PM

"Karl Engel" <karlengel-at-excite-dot-com> wrote in message
> In SONAR (2.2), when you copy a waveform (from the menu options), then
move
> another one out of the way, then paste the waveform - it pastes the one
you
> moved. Nothing causes more spontaneous expletives in my place!
> Obviously it's had to put the moved one on the clipboard which usurps the
> previous one; but do other recording apps do this? In other respects it
> behaves like any Windows app such as Word (eg Ctrl+drag also copies) but
> Word sure doesn't do this!!
>
> I can see how that could be annoying :)

it seems like it has to be cut to store the section in ram.
Its possible that by moving a section of a track it is much less of a strain
on the system to do it this way.
Its also as easy to program it this way.
Although with not a particular difficult bit of code they could ahve
developed it to be able to put multiple itesmon a clipboard... like later
version of Word do.
Or at least save the clipboard for the move process and reload it
afterwards.
still. what do we know we only use the software.

although in answer to the question. i dont know of other software that does
that.
i do however know of software that causes spontaneous expletives here......
and lots of them.

Its the little things isn' it.....

Rob
!