Solved

Does WNR2000 support DD-WRT?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if the Netgear WNR2000 supports DD-WRT. I checked the DD-WRT website and there's a firmware available but it says flash. I'm a newbie on this and I've watched several videos on Youtube on installing DD-WRT that you need to install a mini version (something similar)?

On the DD-WRT website, there's only 1 file to be found and can be downloaded and that is "Netgear WNR2000 v2 Firmware: Special image for initial flashing".

Any thoughts?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about does wnr2000 support
  1. Best answer
    Yes, use the version that they specify -- v24 beat 2 build 16785 -- you have to flash the firmware onto the router. It is quite simple, just look at the dd-wrt install guide for step by step details.
  2. Thanks for the reply, but what is "flashing"?
  3. Phool101 said:
    Thanks for the reply, but what is "flashing"?
    I edited and added a link on how to flash the firmware, it's like flashing your computer bios but for the router.
  4. Best answer selected by Phool101.
  5. Ah, so in another term, it's like upgrading/installing the DD-WRT firmware, more or less, correct?
  6. Phool101 said:
    Ah, so in another term, it's like upgrading/installing the DD-WRT firmware, more or less, correct?
    Exactly. The guide is very good, I use the web GUI method. Just read over the whole thing first and just like your computer bios -- no turning off or power interruptions until done.
  7. Cool, alright thank you for answering my question. :-)
Ask a new question

Read More

Support Firmware Netgear Networking