Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
i got a question about enermax psu's..

when i go on newegg.com and search for enermax (i want a 430 watt)

there are so many different psu that are 430 watts by enermax, how do i know which one to get.

This Community is like a Second Family!!

svol

Champion
If they give the full product name you can see which one it is here: <A HREF="http://www.enermax.com.tw/product-01.htm" target="_new">http://www.enermax.com.tw/product-01.htm</A>

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
what does that link tell me...

i just wanna know which Enermax to get for my system from Newegg..

Im deff gonna need over 350w.. so i chose the 430w

xp2800
nforce2 asus
lite-on cd-rw
sony dvd-rw
2 hd's
and either the 9700pro, or the geforce 4 ti4600

430w should be good right?

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The only difference is the fan control. I will just get the cheapest model since they are very quiet already and there is no need to change the fan speed.

svol

Champion
430W is plenty... even a good 350W will do but will leave you less room for upgrades.

But as Upec said that page tells you which fan control (temp/none/manual/etc.) the PSU has for which number.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
ok thanks alot.... yes that's true, they are already very quiet..

ok so i should just get the cheapest 430 i see..enermax

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yes... that will be nice. 430W enermax... mmmmmm

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

svol

Champion
In the need of free posts PooBaa?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Nope. Just in full agreement with Enermaxes. Ive got a 550W temp variable fan enermax you know. A worthy PSU if ever there was one.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
dam 550 why do you need that much.. 430 is just to be extra safe for future upgrades... how much [-peep-] you got running on your machine

Is THG Slightly Slacking??

svol

Champion
But there was no need for the post because he already choose for the cheapest Enermax 430W.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Allrighty then :smile:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hehehehe
Well it all started ages ago.

I began with a craptacular Omni 300W powering my a7v133 and 1200C. at stock it struggled a bit, but with overclocking it really was on the edge... 4.76v sometimes.

So there i was, OC limited with moolah to spend. I considered the 430W enermax at the time, but decided to go for broke.
So for a few $$$ more i got the 550W and have been living happily ever after, regardless of what OC i threw at it.

My 550W enermax was gotten last year, so its an older model... none of this manually adjustable fan crap! The fans in mine are temperature controlled. 1500rpm for really cold days, climbing to 2500rpm on days when the room gets to 30C, And still barely audible.

My only gripe is that the 5v line is a tad low, they could have tuned it a bit higher.
with my tbredA 1700+ @ 1833mhz @ 1.7v it gets down to 4.89v, But its within spec and doesnt fluctuate AT ALL, so im happy.

svol

Champion
I also have a 350W Enermax with temp fan control... I love it, it runs perfect. But it isn't enough for extreme overclocking with a douzen of fans inside my case so therefore I run dual 350W.

svol

Champion
No serious... I really have two 350W PSU running in my case.
The Enermax powers my mobo and HDs... the Codegen (came with case) one power CDROMs, FDs and fans.

TRENDING THREADS