A question on speakers

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
well, not sure how long you been a member of this site

but awhile back when i was searching to find the speaker setup for my pc, the sound forum was loaded with klipsch vs the logitech speakers and all that stuff..

i deff support Klipsch, i bought the promedia 2.1's only because i don't have the room... The way i look @ it is this.. I want good stuff, so money aint an option, if i can't afford what i want, i just wait.. cause im not gonna settle on cheap stuff..

2.1's are LOUD AS HELL... you can ask my neighbors! lol

if you got the money bro go head and buy the Klipsch cause there kickass speakers

This Community is like a Second Family!!

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I have the Pro Media 5.1's. I'll talk about them all day. I love them. If you have the room I highly recommend them. Even if they are expensive, get a paper route if necessary. Speakers, like monitors will last a long time. Do yourself a favor and spend the dough.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

lichocpu

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
thanx for the info. Bout the 2.1 speaker setup, how much for the logitech, how much for the klipsch? and bout the space needed for each setup.
There is another thing on my mind: Headphones
I've heard good praises 'bout Senheiser but I haven't tested any actually, any opinion on those?

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Sennheiser makes fantastic headphones. They started out making high end headphones for stereos, some costing thousands of dollars. For a number of years now they make some consumer grade headphones too. Check out the different models, there is a wide disparity of different kinds.

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I personally never heard anything sounding better than Microsoft SS-80 as far as satellites go.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

MindCrime

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
I guess the reason you don't hear about them that much anymore, is because there really hasnt' been anything to come along (as far as PC speaker technology) that has ever bested Klipsch or really even come that close.

It was like one day the answer was right there in front of all of us and we just sorta said "ooooh...ok".

Nuff said :)

No really, they are absolutely unreal. But do not, I repeat, do not pair them with anything less than an soundblaster live 5.1, or you won't even touch these speakers capabilites. And that's even stretching it with the Live. I would recommend an audigy for sure. Audigy 1, if you need the extra bucks, and Audigy 2 if you have the extra cash to spend.

I've owned the 2.1 (passed down the chain of family command), 4.1 (on another pc), and now the 5.1. I'm sick enough that I'm waiting on backorder for the 5.1 Dream system of theirs.

I'm a sick audiophile of a freak. I realize this, but that's half the battle..........Knowing the problem exists. 8Þ

<b>If it aint broke, then hell, you aint looking at it in the right frame of mind!</b>