Please Help Missing Driver?

Valion

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Please Help

Every time i enter windows i get this Error message:

Asus Setup
Can't Find Target .ini. E:\Drivers\Chipset\Driver\Asus Setup_32_64.ini

followed by another similar message then a option to either search for the driver online(with no avail it just goes on searching) or Close Program.

It seems i'm missing a Driver but according to the device manager everything is ok so i'm rather confused plus the fact that i can't seem to notice anything wrong as everything is running smoothly.

Btw I am relatively new to windows 7, just been using it for 3 days.

My Specs are if needed:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Asus P8Z77-V
i5-3550 3.30 Ghz
4GB RAM(aware of the fact that this needs increasing :) )
EVGA GTX 570

Thanks

Valion

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Nope,

Funny thing is nothing is attached so this is getting more confusing, this issue is actually quite minor but kinda annoying since it happens every time i start the
computer lol

Valion

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Yeah i think forgot to remove the CD after a reboot after the installation might that have been the cause? if so how can i fix it? or how do i force it to stop spamming me with the Asus setup error?

Thanks!

rdc85

Honorable
did u try windows update, some driver can be detected and downloaded that way.......

edit : the error show there is setup program that autorun at start up, u could use msconfig to disable it and delete the link in start up folder.. (if u sure u not missing anything)

there other third party program that can do it for u, but for me msconfig is the easiest to do...

rdc85

Honorable
via run command, pressing windows key+R. type msconfig and enter. There were 2 important thing service and startup. it can boost your windows performance if u do it right but if u not knowledgeable don't change to much.

in startup there u will find all program that run auto when windows run. deactivate that suspicious / not supposed to be there.

Valion

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hello again, bringing this topic up because of a sudden change of issue

I didn't do anything about the previous issue yet because i wanted a technician to take a look at it but today the error message changed to this

AsusSetup
C:\Users\MYUSERNAME~1\AppData\Local\Temp\155834Log.iniis lost
C:\Users\MYUSERNAME~1\AppData\Local\Temp\223303Log.iniis lost
C:\Users\MYUSERNAME~1\AppData\Local\Temp\153056Log.iniis lost

After several restarts it show's the same message every time

so with this new bit of information can anyone point out a solution?

Thanks!

elbagdelwonk

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
Hey guys im not sure what program is causing the conflict but i am getting the same error. I belive mine started when i used ccleaner (not sugesting that cc is bad btw). I think it may have been a log file that one of the asus programs use like gpu tweek or prehaps gamer first. I think when i did a sweep with ccleaner it has removed the file which i presume was in the temprary folder or one that cc sweeps. I think reinstalling all your asus programs may solve this problem but i couldnt confirm that as ive been too lazy to do this myself hehe. hope that helps

----------------------------
Asus Maximus V Gene, Intel I7 3770k, CM Hyper 212+, 8gb 1866mhz Patriot Viper Extreme, Asus GTX 670 DirectCU ii TOP, 1 ssd, 1tb hdd, OCZ ZT 750w

ndodson

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
ok the problem is caused by intel chipset setup restarting your computer, but taking out the motherboard setup disc causes the file to not be located. all I did was insert the motherboard setup cd, restart and complete setup. it finds the file, completes the setup and problem solved! no more boot up error! btw I had the same exact error line as in the first post.

btw - I did this on my own, because I saw in the post while reading that its looking for a E:/ drive like a cdrom

sssorin

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

- Valion i had the same error and i fixed it. I installed the motherboard utilities from an external hdd and then the problems started. I installed utilities from external hdd, because I did not have dvd-rom .Then I uninstalled and reinstalled from the original CD with a DVD-rom and it worked perfectly. :D

gothix92

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Hi there i am using the same mobo as OP.
I used an external hdd to install all my drivers unplugged the hdd after installation and rebooted.

Im greeted as well with an error message with the path of my external hdd saying it cannot find blah blah blah\asussetup_hotfix.ini so i reattached my hdd and rebooted and also tried all the things from above (msconfig didn't help as well)

I also located my disc and tried installing over it and that didn't work so i uninstalled all of intels chipset drivers off my pc and re installed with origonal driver disc and im still greeted with this message.

Somebody please help! I just don't want to see this silly error message.

Thanks
-Jordan

gothix92

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
* note this was a fresh install of windows 7 because i bought an ssd drive and sshd drive. (of course windows was installed on the ssd)

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win 7 Ultimate, RAM 6gb DDR3 CPU i7 2700k @3.50GHz GFX Geforce GTX 560TI MoBo P8z77-v PSU 700W Coolmaster 240GB SSD 750Gb SSDHD 1Tb WD HDD

them2k

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012

Try using Post #6 from this website: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=SABERTOOTH%20Z77&id=20120923071927037&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

That's what I just did, and I had the same error as you.

diggyboo

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I don't read this all, and don't know problem solved or not.
If not:

If u installed ur chipset driver from cd then go to administration - creating or formating parts of hard drive (i don't know how it's name in english for sure, i've got another language of OS).
In this tool change the word of ur CD-rom to "X" ( where "x" is - "X":/drivers/chipset....)
Then restart ur pc and after launch windows u will see an installation window - continue and that's all )))) Good luck! :)