Attackboll

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2002
Hi,

Just bought a second HD. Wondering what the better IDE setup would be regarding Master/Slave on the primary and secondary IDE channel.

Will there be enough bandwith to have the two HD's on the same IDE channel (as I in addition to the two HD's have a DVD player and a CD Writer)? I will be using my system primarily in such a way that one HD will be used as an ftp server and the other one for system files and program installations.

So...I guess my Q is...what would be the optimal IDE configuration? Does it really make much of a difference? My system is somewhat new, AMD XP 1700+ running WinXP.

Thanks!

sturm

Splendid
unless your running raid ull need to put the second hd on the primarly slave channel. it may cut down the transfer speed alittle bit, but only when both hd are being accessed at the same time. over all i wouldnt worry about it and just put both on the same channel.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
ideally its best to have an ide hard drive just by itself, but having 2 on one cable isnt so bad, if you mainly use just one of the drives.
drive to drive transfers may be slowed a little though.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

TRENDING THREADS