Rellik4

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Ive had a sound blaster live card for a while, got some generic surround speakers and hooked them up and when playing games like tribes2 or everquest its horriable, scratchy, also does it with audio cds, took speakers back and got the creative 5.1 5300, hooked them up and get the same problem, but my old pro sonic speakers work fine, i did install latest drivers for everything and useing win xp pro, asus a7n8x deluxe MB. I tried useing the onboard sound when i first got the board but sounded like crap so threw my SB live back in, and onboard sound is disabled in the bios. thanks for any help

I had exactly the same problem with the SB Live card, I have the same speakers you do, I tried numerous times uninstalling and reinstalling the soundcard drivers, it would be OK for awhile and start back again. I had received advise to try the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard, so I did and all the scratchiness and crackling are completely gone, I think personally the TBSC is possibly one of the best affordable soundcard solutions on the market. So my advise to you is to get yourself a TBSC and put that crackling behind you.

P.S. I was so pleased with the TBSC over the SB Live that I bought a second card for my wifes machine, she had an Audigy Gamer, and she says she can't believe the difference.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

cordis

Distinguished
May 22, 2002
i am having the same problem with an soyo dragon plus and a sound blaster live value, when i take the sound card of my freezing problems stops, i think i will use my onboard sound that people says is very good, i really dont know. I saw in the creative site some things to do to fix the problem but didnt fixed for me. anyway if someone can help us i would appreciate
Happy new year

TRENDING THREADS