DSI T|T3 Hard case or Sena Palm case

June 3, 2004 1:05:24 AM

Anyone have experience with this case:

http://www.notestation.com/tungstent3.htm

I do not like the Palm hard case for the T3 because:

The T3 is not held securely, it has actually popped out.
It is too big and bulky for the small T3
You have to remove it from the case to hot sync

The other one I'm considering is:

http://www.senacases.com/cart/customer/home.php?cat=283

I think the hard case will be more secure.

Thanks.

Jeff
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 7:35:46 AM

I don't have this specific case but I have something similar.

What I like about this case is the ability to put the unit into the charging
cradle while still in the case. The case I have does not allow this, but
does allow for a cable connection while in the case. The hard case is really
good at protecting the unit from damage especially if, like me, you
accidentally drop it :)

The downside to this hard case and the case that I have is that it's a bit
hard to hold the T3 because the case "door" prevents grabbing the unit on
both sides. You tend to have to grab the T3 from the bottom and you can't
get as good a grip on the unit. Also this case limits you in placing the T3
in a car bracket unless you remove the unit from the case or you put it in
the bracket with the cover closed.

Personally if I had it to do over I would probably go with the Sena case.

Cheers
TC

"Jeffrey C Honig" <jch@honig.net> wrote in message
> Anyone have experience with this case:
>
> http://www.notestation.com/tungstent3.htm
>
> I do not like the Palm hard case for the T3 because:
>
> The T3 is not held securely, it has actually popped out.
> It is too big and bulky for the small T3
> You have to remove it from the case to hot sync
>
> The other one I'm considering is:
>
> http://www.senacases.com/cart/customer/home.php?cat=283
>
> I think the hard case will be more secure.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 12:42:42 PM

Although you can't grip the metal case, the cover does make a
convenient location to rest your hand when using the stylus. It's not
really uncomfortable. The Sena case looks to be similar to the Vaja
line. I've purchased a T|T and a T3 case from Vaja and I'm very
pleased with their quality.

Even though they are located in Argentina, I have always received my
order very quickly. I've looked at many cases over the years for
various models of Palm and I think they have the best belt clip
mechanism. I didn't think a soft case would protect as well as a hard
case, but in some respects it does better, since it absorbs the shock
rather than transferring it to the PDA.

Erik

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:05:24 -0400, Jeffrey C Honig <jch@honig.net>
wrote:

>Anyone have experience with this case:
>
>http://www.notestation.com/tungstent3.htm
>
>I do not like the Palm hard case for the T3 because:
>
> The T3 is not held securely, it has actually popped out.
> It is too big and bulky for the small T3
> You have to remove it from the case to hot sync
>
>The other one I'm considering is:
>
>http://www.senacases.com/cart/customer/home.php?cat=283
>
>I think the hard case will be more secure.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Jeff
June 5, 2004 2:54:28 AM

"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> writes:

> The downside to this hard case and the case that I have is that it's a bit
> hard to hold the T3 because the case "door" prevents grabbing the unit on
> both sides. You tend to have to grab the T3 from the bottom and you can't
> get as good a grip on the unit. Also this case limits you in placing the T3
> in a car bracket unless you remove the unit from the case or you put it in
> the bracket with the cover closed.

With the T2 scuba case and the Palm T3 hard case I held the unit by
the cover near the hinge. This works pretty well.

> Personally if I had it to do over I would probably go with the Sena case.

My concern with the Sena case is that the protection is not enough on
the sides. The DSI case has more protection overall and appears to be
lined with neoprene to absorb shock.

Thanks.

Jeff
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 1:26:26 AM

Jeffrey C Honig wrote:
> Anyone have experience with this case:
>
> http://www.notestation.com/tungstent3.htm

It looks identical to the PDAir case:

http://www.pdairshop.com.au/osc/product_info.php?cPath=...

I'm using the PDAir case with my T3 and am very happy with it. Light,
tough, hotsync with no need to remove from case and reset hole. In fact,
there is no need to remove the T3 from the case except for showing off...

regards,

Y.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 2:54:55 AM

Jeffrey C Honig <jch@honig.net> writes:

> Anyone have experience with this case:
>
> http://www.notestation.com/tungstent3.htm

This is the case I bought. It arrived in a timely fashion. I do
really like it. The T3 is held in securely by a couple of clips that
use the same attachment points that the OE flip cover uses. The metal
is much thicker than the PalmOne hard case and the Rhinoskin case I
had for my T2. It is lined with lots of neoprene, I do not think the
metal touches the T3 anywhere. Also, unlike the Rhinoskin case it has
a piece of plastic under the tab that latches it closed, it stays
closed very securely.

There are openings for all of the ports and things. My only nit is
that it makes it harder to pop out the stylus. The SD card slot,
power slot, and voice memo button are all easily accessible. I have
not tried the headphone jack. There is even a hole for the reset
button on the back.

The slider extends down, unlike the PalmOne hard case where it extends
up. It can fit into the cradle only when the slider is extended. You
have to make sure you close the slider before you close the case, if
you do not, it will eventually leave a mark.

The only reason I might have wanted to get the Sena leather case
instead of this one is that the cover on that flips up, so I would be
able to use it while my T3 was in the holder in my planning
portfolio.

Thanks.

Jeff
!