Reinstalling winXP on a networked computer

jules

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

I am on home network with another computer. If I reinstall
Windows XP on one of the computers, will that affect the
network. Do I have to do anything aside from the
reinstalling of Windows XP Home Edition?

You will need to set up that particular computer for the Local Area Network,
Jules, but the rest of your LAN won't be bothered at all.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Jules" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am on home network with another computer. If I reinstall
> Windows XP on one of the computers, will that affect the
> network. Do I have to do anything aside from the
> reinstalling of Windows XP Home Edition?

jules

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

Thanks Chris!

You're welcome. Hope everything works out well for you.