Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Noise while recording audio with RME Multi-face on Dell La..

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 8:45:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

I have been using the RME Multi face with my desktop studio flawlessly
for a while now. I recently needed to get my set up mobile so I
purchased the PCM Card bus interface and have used it with a brand new
DELL Inspiron 9100 notebook. The problem is I get this horrendous
noise; an interference of some kind as soon as the lap top is turned
on. I have been going nuts trying to track down the source of the
noise to no avail. The lap top does have a "wireless" interface card
that I had suspected may be the culprit, but when I tried to disable
it, the noise persisted. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. the
problem occurs whether I am running on battery or AC.
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 12:41:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

You should probably post this in the RME newsgroup <news://news.x-networks.de/rme-audio.forum>
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 4:18:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <1102772753.157824.251400@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> MusicMaker1015@aol.com writes:

> DELL Inspiron 9100 notebook. The problem is I get this horrendous
> noise; an interference of some kind as soon as the lap top is turned
> on.

> problem occurs whether I am running on battery or AC.

I have an Inspiron laptop and found that the power supply puts out a
lot of hash on the ground pin (which affects everything audio that's
plugged into the same outlet). Have you tried unplugging the power
supply from the AC outlet when running it on batteries?

"Horrendous noise" covers a lot of ground. When do you hear the
noise, and what (that you can hear) is connected to what?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
Related resources
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 6:00:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Beethovun wrote:
> I have been using the RME Multi face with my desktop studio
flawlessly
> for a while now. I recently needed to get my set up mobile so I
> purchased the PCM Card bus interface and have used it with a brand
new
> DELL Inspiron 9100 notebook. The problem is I get this horrendous
> noise; an interference of some kind as soon as the lap top is turned
> on. I have been going nuts trying to track down the source of the
> noise to no avail. The lap top does have a "wireless" interface card
> that I had suspected may be the culprit, but when I tried to disable
> it, the noise persisted. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
the
> problem occurs whether I am running on battery or AC.

What is the brand/type of your cardbus controller ?
I have a packard-bell laptop, with a ENE cardbus controller and had
problems with the indigo I/O. There are apparently some troubles with
the ENE controllers (Echo supplied a kind of filter and now the card
works). Might be a similar problem ?
December 11, 2004 10:55:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

On 11 Dec 2004 05:45:53 -0800, "Beethovun" <MusicMaker1015@aol.com>
wrote:

>I have been using the RME Multi face with my desktop studio flawlessly
>for a while now. I recently needed to get my set up mobile so I
>purchased the PCM Card bus interface and have used it with a brand new
>DELL Inspiron 9100 notebook. The problem is I get this horrendous
>noise; an interference of some kind as soon as the lap top is turned
>on. I have been going nuts trying to track down the source of the
>noise to no avail. The lap top does have a "wireless" interface card
>that I had suspected may be the culprit, but when I tried to disable

I suspect RFI.

>it, the noise persisted. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. the
>problem occurs whether I am running on battery or AC.
!