Sign in with
Your question

Games crash

Last response: in Windows 7
May 28, 2012 8:00:45 AM

Any game I play it cashes, after couple min the screen freezes and red squares apear and then game get stuck and only way to come out of it is ctl alt del. and other games same or just crahes or freezes. and also i have random freezes of my computer. i can watch a movie and then it freezsees and all i can do is restart it?>? help plz

Motherboard:
CPU Type 4x , 3600 MHz (12 x 300)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]
BIOS Type AMI (10/20/10)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (2048 MB)
Monitor Dell ST2321L_Digital [NoDB] (17KR913G1GTI)

[ BIOS ]

BIOS Properties:
Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
Version 0605
Release Date 10/06/2011
Size 8192 KB
Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM
Capabilities Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
Supported Standards DMI, APM, ACPI
Expansion Capabilities PCI, USB

Processor Properties:
Manufacturer Intel
Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Serial Number To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Asset Tag To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Part Number To Be Filled By O.E.M.
External Clock 100 MHz
Maximum Clock 4000 MHz
Current Clock 3600 MHz
Type Central Processor
Voltage 1.0 V
Status Enabled
Socket Designation LGA2011
HTT / CMP Units 2 / 4

Memory Device Properties:
Form Factor DIMM
Type Detail Synchronous
Size 4096 MB
Speed 1333 MHz
Total Width 64-bit
Data Width 64-bit
Device Locator ChannelA_Dimm1
Bank Locator ChannelA
Manufacturer Samsung
Serial Number 64332886
Asset Tag ChannelA_Dimm1_AssetTag
Part Number M378B5273CH0-CH9

Memory Device Properties:
Form Factor DIMM
Type Detail Synchronous
Size 2048 MB
Speed 1333 MHz
Total Width 64-bit
Data Width 64-bit
Device Locator ChannelC_Dimm1
Bank Locator ChannelC
Manufacturer Hynix Semiconductor
Serial Number 1B71E108
Asset Tag ChannelC_Dimm1_AssetTag
Part Number HMT325U6BFR8C-H9

More about : games crash

May 28, 2012 9:13:07 AM

It is the frame buffer corrupting, i.e. GDDR, GFX RAM.... Few cards have temp monitoring for the RAM.

An aftermarket cooler, heatsink pads, or heavy underclocking are the only real fixes.

Sometimes an oven bake helps too, as it is often the solder that is degrading due to the heat. But this is an extreme measure.
m
l
Related resources
May 28, 2012 11:24:00 AM

dodger46 said:
Could be a temperature problem. Check your temps when running games. Esp. GPU
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

If OK check your RAM, take out one stick at a time to see if it makes a difference

I am not good at comp, it says GPU load between 97 amd 99. and temp 56C. is that good or bad?

and how do i do this? 2.Increase the timeout to allow more time to complete the really tough rendering parts. Microsoft provides the information on how to modify the Windows Registry to achieve this.
m
l
May 28, 2012 11:24:38 AM

americanbrian said:
It is the frame buffer corrupting, i.e. GDDR, GFX RAM.... Few cards have temp monitoring for the RAM.

An aftermarket cooler, heatsink pads, or heavy underclocking are the only real fixes.

Sometimes an oven bake helps too, as it is often the solder that is degrading due to the heat. But this is an extreme measure.

I am not good at comp, it says GPU load between 97 amd 99. and temp 56C. is that good or bad?

and how do i do this? 2.Increase the timeout to allow more time to complete the really tough rendering parts. Microsoft provides the information on how to modify the Windows Registry to achieve this.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2012 12:56:53 PM

56 C sounds OK. if that's at 99% Load. As americanbrian says it could be the frame buffer at fault, if the onboard RAM on the GPU is faulty it would produce those results. If it has been running at around 56 C that should not cause problems with the solder, maybe you have been unlucky and just have a bad stick of GDDR5. Is the card still within Warranty period? Perhaps you could get it replaced.
m
l
May 28, 2012 1:16:02 PM

dodger46 said:
56 C sounds OK. if that's at 99% Load. As americanbrian says it could be the frame buffer at fault, if the onboard RAM on the GPU is faulty it would produce those results. If it has been running at around 56 C that should not cause problems with the solder, maybe you have been unlucky and just have a bad stick of GDDR5. Is the card still within Warranty period? Perhaps you could get it replaced.

I had Geforce 470 before, and it kinda had same problem, i never had problems wit it until i update drivers for nvdia. this card keeps doing like the last one just closing and sayong the drivers stop working, I am not good at this but it cant be the same thing for 2 cards. the GDDR5.

but is there to drop GPU. i Have oCCT program to see overclokign and i think i over clock but idont know how to upload the pic here to show you, and if it is, how can i drop the overclocking?
m
l
May 28, 2012 1:23:59 PM

dodger46 said:

Also when i ran test in MSI kombuster on the right it says how much power it uses from Video card it goes over 100% and becames red and when it does thats when it shuts down
m
l
May 28, 2012 1:48:23 PM

External Clock 100 MHz
Maximum Clock 4000 MHz

thats what it should be and thats hwat it says when i ran the test

External Clock 100.3 MHz
Maximum Clock 4000 MHz
Current Clock 4312.9 MHz
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2012 2:22:01 PM

Sounds like your powersupply can't provide enough juice. Whats your complete system specifications, including model names and numbers ( even the power supply).
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2012 3:48:59 PM

+1 to chainzsaw, if the psu is underpowered the voltages will drop below a level that the system can cope with, so a list of everything in the case would help...
m
l
May 28, 2012 7:29:41 PM

it appears that something is OC'ed as well?... maybe its a bad bios flash on the GPU?

Anyway I think we can agree that this guy is probably out of his leauge with regards to fixing it on his own, so returning the card to where he bought it would be advisable...

@ dodger, the GDDR creates its own heat. The GPU could run cool and the RAM still can run way hot... I for example have a card that monitors the RAM temp and GPU temp and the GPU can be at 60C while the RAM is at 85C+ (skyrim is bad for this). My cooler cools both but lots of cheaper brands don't cool the GDDR at all. Seen this around loads. the block shaped artifacts are a dead giveaway...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2012 7:39:02 PM

to the op...run cpu-z and post your mb info there. it could be a simple thing as needing a bios update.
gpu-z will tell you your gpu info.
memtest will test your ram for any errors.
one thing to check with cou-z is under the spd tab it tell you the speed your ram can run. check that the mb is using one of those settings.
m
l
May 29, 2012 3:47:05 PM

I got it working now ty, i just switch RAM and it doesnt crash no more, thank you for ur help
m
l
May 29, 2012 3:47:25 PM

smorizio said:
to the op...run cpu-z and post your mb info there. it could be a simple thing as needing a bios update.
gpu-z will tell you your gpu info.
memtest will test your ram for any errors.
one thing to check with cou-z is under the spd tab it tell you the speed your ram can run. check that the mb is using one of those settings.

got it working now ty, i just switch RAM and it doesnt crash no more, thank you for ur help
m
l
May 29, 2012 3:47:44 PM

dodger46 said:
+1 to chainzsaw, if the psu is underpowered the voltages will drop below a level that the system can cope with, so a list of everything in the case would help...

got it working now ty, i just switch RAM and it doesnt crash no more, thank you for ur help
m
l
!