Unusal Razr V3 Problem...

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 27, 2005 1:34:49 AM

This has happened multiple times in the last few days. My phone's barely a
week old and I'm tempted to take it back and complain. But, before I do, can
anyone shed some light on what might be wrong?

When I answer my phone, it's as if the microphone is directly wired to the
speaker. I say "hello?" and all I hear is myself echoed back to me. The
person on the other line can't hear me at all. I end up having hang up and
call them back. THEN it works fine.

The first time I noticed this problem was actually in the middle of a
conversation. Out of the blue, about 10 to 15 minutes into a conversation,
it does this to me. I didn't know what was up so I hung up and called the
person back. Ever since then, it's never done it during a conversation, only
right when I answer.

Any thoughts?

More about : unusal razr problem

April 27, 2005 3:27:12 AM

Tim wrote:
> This has happened multiple times in the last few days. My phone's barely a
> week old and I'm tempted to take it back and complain. But, before I do, can
> anyone shed some light on what might be wrong?
>
> When I answer my phone, it's as if the microphone is directly wired to the
> speaker. I say "hello?" and all I hear is myself echoed back to me. The
> person on the other line can't hear me at all. I end up having hang up and
> call them back. THEN it works fine.
>
> The first time I noticed this problem was actually in the middle of a
> conversation. Out of the blue, about 10 to 15 minutes into a conversation,
> it does this to me. I didn't know what was up so I hung up and called the
> person back. Ever since then, it's never done it during a conversation, only
> right when I answer.
>
> Any thoughts?

That sounds to me like a network problem. The description is exactly
what I'd expect if the switch somehow connected my handset to a BTS
trunk that was looped on the air side. Report this is CS and let them
open a ticket - I think somebody has left the audio side of a BTS trunk
looped.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'