Sign in with
Your question

Nothing works to PERMANATELY Open my Xbox NAT

Last response: in Networking
January 13, 2013 3:48:37 PM

The Xbox 360 is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable. The router is then connected to the modem. My Xbox has a static IP address that I set, and I have tried port forwarding, DMZ, and upnp. (Neither of them are on at the same time btw) The nat type will be open for a day or two, but then boom it goes right back to moderate. Every time. Is there anything I can do? My ISP is suddenlink, and my router is a D-Link DIR-601 N150. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
January 13, 2013 4:11:32 PM

smathis11 said:
The Xbox 360 is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable. The router is then connected to the modem. My Xbox has a static IP address that I set, and I have tried port forwarding, DMZ, and upnp. (Neither of them are on at the same time btw) The nat type will be open for a day or two, but then boom it goes right back to moderate. Every time. Is there anything I can do? My ISP is suddenlink, and my router is a D-Link DIR-601 N150. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Out of curiosity next time you get on and its moderate, power cycle the router, I am curious if its a port triggering issue where it does not release the ports from a previous device, power cycling it should clear the memory and make it reset for this. Though one would assume DMZ/forwarded ports would have solved that for you. this seems more like it may have something to either do with MS's live network or sudden link at this point though so the likley answer is no there is nothing you can do.
m
l
January 13, 2013 5:09:03 PM

wacabletech said:
Out of curiosity next time you get on and its moderate, power cycle the router, I am curious if its a port triggering issue where it does not release the ports from a previous device, power cycling it should clear the memory and make it reset for this. Though one would assume DMZ/forwarded ports would have solved that for you. this seems more like it may have something to either do with MS's live network or sudden link at this point though so the likley answer is no there is nothing you can do.

Alright thanks. By power cycling do you mean just pull the power cable and plug it back in?
m
l
January 13, 2013 5:28:30 PM

smathis11 said:
Alright thanks. By power cycling do you mean just pull the power cable and plug it back in?

Yes.
m
l
!