motorola v551 free space total

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 28, 2005 7:18:47 PM

free space.
i have a motorola v551, how much am i supposed to see?
when you go and check out the free space on the phone, how much to you see
at total, in kb?
April 29, 2005 2:07:24 PM

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:18:47 -0400, <user> wrote:

> free space.
>i have a motorola v551, how much am i supposed to see?
>when you go and check out the free space on the phone, how much to you see
>at total, in kb?

Free 1742
Used 4426
Total 6169

I have not removed any of the tones, pics or videos the phone came
with. In addition to those I have
15 pictures (~40k each)
3 videos (~650k total)
~40 directory entries
~37 midi ringtones (3 to 10k each)
~47 MP3 ringtones (most 15 seconds @ 32 Kbps, ~54k each but some
longer ones are 165k)

I'd like to share the ringtones but Earthlink is too cheap? to add
binary groups at the moment and the ringtone group is one they don't
currently offer.
April 29, 2005 2:34:07 PM

this is weird.
yesterday it was 6691 at total.
now it is 6531.
i got the phone like 1 week ago, i havent deleted any of the manuf things
yet.

"Harry" <harry@the.end> wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:18:47 -0400, <user> wrote:
>
>> free space.
>>i have a motorola v551, how much am i supposed to see?
>>when you go and check out the free space on the phone, how much to you see
>>at total, in kb?
>
> Free 1742
> Used 4426
> Total 6169
>
> I have not removed any of the tones, pics or videos the phone came
> with. In addition to those I have
> 15 pictures (~40k each)
> 3 videos (~650k total)
> ~40 directory entries
> ~37 midi ringtones (3 to 10k each)
> ~47 MP3 ringtones (most 15 seconds @ 32 Kbps, ~54k each but some
> longer ones are 165k)
>
> I'd like to share the ringtones but Earthlink is too cheap? to add
> binary groups at the moment and the ringtone group is one they don't
> currently offer.
April 30, 2005 2:45:23 AM

"Harry" <harry@the.end> wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:18:47 -0400, <user> wrote:
>
> > free space.
> >i have a motorola v551, how much am i supposed to see?
> >when you go and check out the free space on the phone, how much to you
see
> >at total, in kb?
>
> Free 1742
> Used 4426
> Total 6169

I have on my V551m...
Free 2236
Used 4253
Total 6489
May 8, 2005 11:14:48 PM

I have similar free space problem with my v 525 ....I did the master clear
because I noticed the increasing consumption of free memory (even though I
had erased almost all the pictures, games, etc. - the free space was
continously just melting down)...

after the "master clear" I got ".....USED: 32kb....." ...and was relaxed
BUT then I noticed that WITH EACH NEW EMAIL OR MMS that I sent with an
attachment (usually some picture) I consumed more memory (for the amount
matching the size of the attachment) - EVEN THOUGH I ERASED THE SENT EMAIL
OR MMS..!

the V 525 software is probably using some "temporary" space for creating an
email with attachments.... but that temporary place/memory remains
occupied - and CANNOT BE ACCESSED and erased.
it means:...your memory is getting further occupied with each email or mms
you send.

does anyone know the solution to this problem? how can this temporary memory
[or whatever it actually is] be erased?
I looked up throughout all the settings, did reset cache, erase history,
clean up messages..etc.etc. but this consumption of memory goes forward...
:-(

pls. help......

!