motorola v551 free space total

free space.
i have a motorola v551, how much am i supposed to see?
when you go and check out the free space on the phone, how much to you see
at total, in kb?
4 answers Last reply
More about motorola v551 free space total

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:18:47 -0400, <user> wrote:

    > free space.
    >i have a motorola v551, how much am i supposed to see?
    >when you go and check out the free space on the phone, how much to you see
    >at total, in kb?

    Free 1742
    Used 4426
    Total 6169

    I have not removed any of the tones, pics or videos the phone came
    with. In addition to those I have
    15 pictures (~40k each)
    3 videos (~650k total)
    ~40 directory entries
    ~37 midi ringtones (3 to 10k each)
    ~47 MP3 ringtones (most 15 seconds @ 32 Kbps, ~54k each but some
    longer ones are 165k)

    I'd like to share the ringtones but Earthlink is too cheap? to add
    binary groups at the moment and the ringtone group is one they don't
    currently offer.

    this is weird.
    yesterday it was 6691 at total.
    now it is 6531.
    i got the phone like 1 week ago, i havent deleted any of the manuf things
    yet.

    "Harry" <harry@the.end> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:18:47 -0400, <user> wrote:
    >
    >> free space.
    >>i have a motorola v551, how much am i supposed to see?
    >>when you go and check out the free space on the phone, how much to you see
    >>at total, in kb?
    >
    > Free 1742
    > Used 4426
    > Total 6169
    >
    > I have not removed any of the tones, pics or videos the phone came
    > with. In addition to those I have
    > 15 pictures (~40k each)
    > 3 videos (~650k total)
    > ~40 directory entries
    > ~37 midi ringtones (3 to 10k each)
    > ~47 MP3 ringtones (most 15 seconds @ 32 Kbps, ~54k each but some
    > longer ones are 165k)
    >
    > I'd like to share the ringtones but Earthlink is too cheap? to add
    > binary groups at the moment and the ringtone group is one they don't
    > currently offer.

    "Harry" <harry@the.end> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:18:47 -0400, <user> wrote:
    >
    > > free space.
    > >i have a motorola v551, how much am i supposed to see?
    > >when you go and check out the free space on the phone, how much to you
    see
    > >at total, in kb?
    >
    > Free 1742
    > Used 4426
    > Total 6169

    I have on my V551m...
    Free 2236
    Used 4253
    Total 6489

    I have similar free space problem with my v 525 ....I did the master clear
    because I noticed the increasing consumption of free memory (even though I
    had erased almost all the pictures, games, etc. - the free space was
    continously just melting down)...

    after the "master clear" I got ".....USED: 32kb....." ...and was relaxed
    BUT then I noticed that WITH EACH NEW EMAIL OR MMS that I sent with an
    attachment (usually some picture) I consumed more memory (for the amount
    matching the size of the attachment) - EVEN THOUGH I ERASED THE SENT EMAIL
    OR MMS..!

    the V 525 software is probably using some "temporary" space for creating an
    email with attachments.... but that temporary place/memory remains
    occupied - and CANNOT BE ACCESSED and erased.
    it means:...your memory is getting further occupied with each email or mms
    you send.

    does anyone know the solution to this problem? how can this temporary memory
    [or whatever it actually is] be erased?
    I looked up throughout all the settings, did reset cache, erase history,
    clean up messages..etc.etc. but this consumption of memory goes forward...
    :-(

    pls. help......

    <user> wrote in message news:b-KdnfA0wI2aquzfRVn-rQ@rogers.com...
    > free space.
    > i have a motorola v551, how much am i supposed to see?
    > when you go and check out the free space on the phone, how much to you see
    > at total, in kb?

Motorola Phones Free Space