Sign in with
Your question

Diablo III Server

Last response: in Windows 7
May 28, 2012 4:08:47 PM

Currently I'm building a server for a client who wants to run several copies of Diablo 3 on multiple Virtual Machines.

Further, they also need the ability to use a hardware unity function.

Is this achievable with Windows 7?

Any help regarding this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
-AJ

More about : diablo iii server

a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2012 4:53:50 PM

Hello,

You cannot virtualize 1 computer with Windows 7 and "distribute" the power to the 7 VM's.

Even if you can get VM going - VM can't virtualize the GPU's - it's just not possible.

...Why would anyone want to run 7 copies on 1 server?
June 9, 2012 3:14:02 PM

Chainzsaw said:
Hello,

You cannot virtualize 1 computer with Windows 7 and "distribute" the power to the 7 VM's.

Even if you can get VM going - VM can't virtualize the GPU's - it's just not possible.

...Why would anyone want to run 7 copies on 1 server?

I admit I am not a virtual machine guru by any means, but this is just incorrect.

I am running Diablo 2 on VMware xp workstation while running D3 on my host win7 box, currently installing D3 on the virtual machine.

Afaik, the CPU *does* virtualize the gpu. Granted, you would need some serious processing power to run SEVEN copies but in theory it is quite possible.

...People want to run 7 copies on 1 server so they can bot the game for gold.

Install finished and currently running D3 on host and virtual account at once... It does work
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b $ Windows 7
June 11, 2012 1:38:21 PM

Quote:
I admit I am not a virtual machine guru by any means, but this is just incorrect.

I am running Diablo 2 on VMware xp workstation while running D3 on my host win7 box, currently installing D3 on the virtual machine.

Afaik, the CPU *does* virtualize the gpu. Granted, you would need some serious processing power to run SEVEN copies but in theory it is quite possible.

...People want to run 7 copies on 1 server so they can bot the game for gold.

Install finished and currently running D3 on host and virtual account at once... It does work

What do you need exactly to run 7 copies of D3 then? Serious question. The OP was looking for an answer.

Hardware...software...etc.

I'm not familiar at all with virtualizing a computer to run 7 copies of D3.

I'm sure your answers can help everyone in the future wanting to farm for gold
a b $ Windows 7
June 11, 2012 6:36:06 PM

ajwild1985 said:
they also need the ability to use a hardware unity function
Can you explain this in more detail?
August 6, 2012 5:53:16 AM

Maybe, Depends if Diablo 3 will work on Windows Server 2008+? If so then it should run on Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 with LAN thin clients. Granted you'll still need 7 purchased copies of Diablo 3, because the game requires log in sessions, with disc code authentication for each account.

So I suppose the real question is does Diablo 3 run on RDP?

Other option could be a windows 7 premium install, and a ugh... think its call vrm something, but it allows you to create virtual machines. You have to download XP Mode for windows 7 premium or ultimate. Then if you have several GPU's with multi-mon you can several instances of diablo3 on one machine. But again you'll need a license for each VM.
!