Motherboard drivers for gateway dx4822-01

Gerishom

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Hello,
my ethernet doesnt connect,if connect with another computor it doesnt communicate,i quess there are no drivers for this port because i have formatted the machine several times due to unavoidable circumstances,i actually misplaced the cd that came with the machine,which drivers to i download,my machine is gateway dx4822-01.pls help since i cant even connect to the internet

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

The device will be shown in Device Manager which is in your Control Panel as an entry of its own in Vista or Windows 7and 8 but within System>Hardware in XP.

It will be under Network Adapters so find it, right click it and go to Properties then click the Details tab, scroll to Hardware IDs and note down the four characters after VEN for Vendor and the four which follow DEV for Device. Go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and input those details in the relevant boxes and you will see the list of all the right manufacturer's products but sadly, they aren't in order. Use Internet Explorers Edit menu then Find to type in the DEVice ID and the search will find the correct entry. Follow the link to the site for the correct driver and download it. With luck it will be a simple .exe file you can double click to kickstart but it may be a zipped folder.