USB Cable

Last response: in Brands
April 30, 2005 4:40:21 PM

Hi:

I am looking for the USB cable to connect my motorola v180 and v220 to my
PC. I've checked online and the cable is only a few bucks on ebay but the
shipping is like $7!

Any retail stores carry the cable? Bets Buy does not have it and the
Cingular kiosks don't seem to have it either. Radio shack didn't have it.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Bob

It has removed 2833 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

More about : usb cable

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:40:22 PM

I got mine at cellphoneshop.com and it works fine. I have shopped there
many time before and have never had any problems. Comes out of Hong Kong and
always arrives in about a week,

I 'm bit sure if it is, but it appears to be a standard mini USB to USB
cable.

I also recommend getting Motorola Phone Tools. See it @
http://www.motorola.com/support/data

"Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I am looking for the USB cable to connect my motorola v180 and v220 to my
> PC. I've checked online and the cable is only a few bucks on ebay but the
> shipping is like $7!
>
> Any retail stores carry the cable? Bets Buy does not have it and the
> Cingular kiosks don't seem to have it either. Radio shack didn't have it.
> Any ideas? Thanks.
>
> Bob

> It has removed 2833 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

April 30, 2005 4:40:23 PM

what is it with the inflated shipping prices on Ebay? it would cost less
than $1 + the small cost of a bubble mailer to send something like a data
cable.
"JAW" <jawolife@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 500590ent@enews1.newsguy.com...
> I got mine at cellphoneshop.com and it works fine. I have shopped there
> many time before and have never had any problems. Comes out of Hong Kong
and
> always arrives in about a week,
>
> I 'm bit sure if it is, but it appears to be a standard mini USB to USB
> cable.
>
> I also recommend getting Motorola Phone Tools. See it @
> http://www.motorola.com/support/data
>
> "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> >
> > I am looking for the USB cable to connect my motorola v180 and v220 to
my
> > PC. I've checked online and the cable is only a few bucks on ebay but
the
> > shipping is like $7!
> >
> > Any retail stores carry the cable? Bets Buy does not have it and the
> > Cingular kiosks don't seem to have it either. Radio shack didn't have
it.
> > Any ideas? Thanks.
> >
> > Bob
> >

> > --
> > I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
> > It has removed 2833 spam emails to date.
> > Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
> > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

April 30, 2005 4:40:24 PM

Sell the stuff cheap & make the profit on the shipping charges.

bamp

"Justin" <jumcnabb5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> what is it with the inflated shipping prices on Ebay? it would cost less
> than $1 + the small cost of a bubble mailer to send something like a data
> cable.
> "JAW" <jawolife@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D 500590ent@enews1.newsguy.com...
>> I got mine at cellphoneshop.com and it works fine. I have shopped there
>> many time before and have never had any problems. Comes out of Hong Kong
> and
>> always arrives in about a week,
>>
>> I 'm bit sure if it is, but it appears to be a standard mini USB to USB
>> cable.
>>
>> I also recommend getting Motorola Phone Tools. See it @
>> http://www.motorola.com/support/data
>>
>> "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi:
>> >
>> > I am looking for the USB cable to connect my motorola v180 and v220 to
> my
>> > PC. I've checked online and the cable is only a few bucks on ebay but
> the
>> > shipping is like $7!
>> >
>> > Any retail stores carry the cable? Bets Buy does not have it and the
>> > Cingular kiosks don't seem to have it either. Radio shack didn't have
> it.
>> > Any ideas? Thanks.
>> >
>> > Bob
>> >

>> > --
>> > I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
>> > It has removed 2833 spam emails to date.
>> > Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
>> > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 10:19:05 PM

It is the std/mini USB ... I've used the one that came with my digital
camera as well as the one with my USB mouse. Both work fine.

"JAW" <jawolife@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 500590ent@enews1.newsguy.com...
> I got mine at cellphoneshop.com and it works fine. I have shopped there
> many time before and have never had any problems. Comes out of Hong Kong
and
> always arrives in about a week,
>
> I 'm bit sure if it is, but it appears to be a standard mini USB to USB
> cable.
>
> I also recommend getting Motorola Phone Tools. See it @
> http://www.motorola.com/support/data
>
> "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> >
> > I am looking for the USB cable to connect my motorola v180 and v220 to
my
> > PC. I've checked online and the cable is only a few bucks on ebay but
the
> > shipping is like $7!
> >
> > Any retail stores carry the cable? Bets Buy does not have it and the
> > Cingular kiosks don't seem to have it either. Radio shack didn't have
it.
> > Any ideas? Thanks.
> >
> > Bob
> >

> > --
> > I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
> > It has removed 2833 spam emails to date.
> > Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
> > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 11:58:54 PM

There's also the ebay fees and the lowball price to make up for. If
someone (like me!) does a "list lowest price first" sort, the cheapest
items come up first and are most likely to be purchased. So, if the
item is listed for a penny + $6.99 shipping it gets better positioning
and more hits/sales than the same item listed for $7 with free shipping.
It's $7 either way so the only thing that really counts is the total
price paid.

That being said, I just bought a retractable cable for my v3 (same as
what you need) for 99 cents + $2.95 shipping which, at under 4 bucks, is
the best deal I've ever seen on this cable - even on ebay. He shipped
right away & I had it in a few days. Here's his listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=... just seach for item 6764024271. His feedback is virtually perfect.From:Justinjumcnabb5@yahoo.com> what is it with the inflated shipping prices on Ebay? it would cost> less than $1 + the small cost of a bubble mailer to send something> like a data cable.> "JAW" <jawolife@hotmail.com> wrote in message> news:D 500590ent@enews1.newsguy.com...>> I got mine at cellphoneshop.com and it works fine. I have shopped>> there many time before and have never had any problems. Comes out of>> Hong Kong and always arrives in about a week,>>>> I 'm bit sure if it is, but it appears to be a standard mini USB to>> USB cable.>>>> I also recommend getting Motorola Phone Tools. See it @>> http://www.motorola.com/support/data&gt;>>> "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message>> news:V0Lce.13158$mG3.1182@twister.nyroc.rr.com...>>> Hi:>>>>>> I am looking for the USB cable to connect my motorola v180 and v220>>> to my PC. I've checked online and the cable is only a few bucks on>>> ebay but the shipping is like $7!>>>>>> Any retail stores carry the cable? Bets Buy does not have it and>>> the Cingular kiosks don't seem to have it either. Radio shack>>> didn't have it. Any ideas? Thanks.>>>>>> Bob>>>>>>>>> -->>> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.>>> It has removed 2833 spam emails to date.>>> Paying users do not have this message in their emails.>>> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 2:36:20 AM

Hi:

took a look but they do not list motorola at all. So, not the same cable
apparently.

I checked and found some in the $8-$10 price range. Will continue to
look.

Bob

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
> There's also the ebay fees and the lowball price to make up for. If
> someone (like me!) does a "list lowest price first" sort, the cheapest
> items come up first and are most likely to be purchased. So, if the
> item is listed for a penny + $6.99 shipping it gets better positioning
> and more hits/sales than the same item listed for $7 with free shipping.
> It's $7 either way so the only thing that really counts is the total
> price paid.
>
> That being said, I just bought a retractable cable for my v3 (same as
> what you need) for 99 cents + $2.95 shipping which, at under 4 bucks, is
> the best deal I've ever seen on this cable - even on ebay. He shipped
> right away & I had it in a few days. Here's his listing:

71&rd=1or
news:D 500590ent@enews1.newsguy.com...>> I got mine at cellphoneshop.com
and
[...]

It has removed 2848 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 2:57:45 AM

Don't worry about what they list. It's a standard cable. The v180/v220
uses the same 5 pin mini USB connector as the v3 and MPX220. It's not a
proprietary connector and what I posted will work fine even though they
don't list Motorola by name - guaranteed! I use that exact cable for my
Motorola Razr v3, a "no-name" MP3 player and a Sony digital camera.
It's nice having all those things using just one cable. To their credit,
Motorola has been going with the standard, generic 5 pin mini USB rather
than forcing us to buy high priced proprietary cables (which get knocked
off by the Chinese instantly anyway).

From:Bob L.
bob_lally@prophezine.com

> Hi:
>
> took a look but they do not list motorola at all. So, not the same
> cable apparently.
>
> I checked and found some in the $8-$10 price range. Will continue to
> look.
>
> Bob
>

> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>> There's also the ebay fees and the lowball price to make up for. If
>> someone (like me!) does a "list lowest price first" sort, the
>> cheapest items come up first and are most likely to be purchased.
>> So, if the item is listed for a penny + $6.99 shipping it gets
>> better positioning and more hits/sales than the same item listed for
>> $7 with free shipping. It's $7 either way so the only thing that
>> really counts is the total price paid.
>>
>> That being said, I just bought a retractable cable for my v3 (same as
>> what you need) for 99 cents + $2.95 shipping which, at under 4
>> bucks, is the best deal I've ever seen on this cable - even on ebay.
>> He shipped right away & I had it in a few days. Here's his listing:
>>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
> 71&rd=1or
> just seach for item 6764024271. His feedback is virtually
> perfect.From:Justinjumcnabb5@yahoo.com> what is it with the inflated
> shipping prices on Ebay? it would cost> less than $1 + the small
> cost of a
> bubble mailer to send something> like a data cable.> "JAW"
> <jawolife@hotmail.com> wrote in message>
> news:D 500590ent@enews1.newsguy.com...>> I got mine at
> cellphoneshop.com and
> it works fine. I have shopped>> there many time before and have
> never had any problems. Comes out of>> Hong Kong and always arrives
> in about a week,>>>> I 'm bit sure if it is, but it appears to be a
> standard mini USB to>> USB cable.>>>> I also recommend getting
> Motorola Phone Tools. See it @>>
> http://www.motorola.com/support/data&gt;>>> "Bob L."
> <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message>>
> news:V0Lce.13158$mG3.1182@twister.nyroc.rr.com...>>> Hi:>>>>>> I am
> looking
> for the USB cable to connect my motorola v180 and v220>>> to my PC.
> I've checked online and the cable is only a few bucks on>>> ebay but
> the shipping
> is like $7!>>>>>> Any retail stores carry the cable? Bets Buy does
> not have
> it and>>> the Cingular kiosks don't seem to have it either. Radio
> shack>>>
> didn't have it. Any ideas? Thanks.>>>>>> Bob>>>>>>>>> -->>> I am
> using the
> free version of SPAMfighter for private users.>>> It has removed 2833
> spam emails to date.>>> Paying users do not have this message in their
> emails.>>>
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

> It has removed 2848 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 12:40:56 AM

well holly ****, BruceR. thanks for letting me see the light!... i've
been sitting on my arse thinking of where to get a good cable for my
v180... and ****... i look over.. and see the cable for my canon a95
just laying there... what do ya know... hahaaa.

good thinkin BruceR :)  saved me a trip to wallie world
~MM

--
MightyMax1