Sign in with
Your question

My wireless function key is not working in my toshiba satellite

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 29, 2012 7:58:48 AM

Hello,
My f12(wirless button)not working...please can anybody tell me how to turn on my toshiba satellite
a b F Wireless
November 29, 2012 6:44:37 PM

Did you change the OS? There is a Windows driver you must install to activate the keyboard shortcuts. You should also be able to access the wireless driver control panel and activate it.
January 19, 2013 4:45:01 AM

I have a solution that i found on the net. I had the same problem except, my satellite was brand new, and even when i would use the function keys, nothing would work. So, first disconnect your laptop from power, remove the battery, and press the power up button while holding it down for atleast 30 seconds. i know it sounds weird, but that's what i thought at first, and it worked. Ofcourse while holding down the power button, nothing will come on as there is no power source. after you're done, put the battery back on and connect the laptop to power, then switch on the laptop, your wifi should be working. Although, you should always have the battery atleast half, or connect the laptop to power when using wifi. however, that's how i dealt with it. Hope it helps and works. post back if it does
Related resources
May 27, 2013 4:48:55 AM

My Gateway Intel is not working with F12 it does have a wireless witch on the bottom right hand side , but it's broken? Is there anything I can turn the Wifi on with other then that?
May 30, 2013 12:42:35 PM

Saylor Johnson said:
My Gateway Intel is not working with F12 it does have a wireless witch on the bottom right hand side , but it's broken? Is there anything I can turn the Wifi on with other then that?

Im guessing no, since the button is broken? Do you have a Warrenty? Take it to a local repair shop and ask them to fix the button
May 30, 2013 11:31:39 PM

PhilFrisbie said:
Did you change the OS? There is a Windows driver you must install to activate the keyboard shortcuts. You should also be able to access the wireless driver control panel and activate it.

This is probably the right way to proceed. Track down the original CD containing your specific model's drivers or see if it can be pulled from the Toshiba support site directly.
June 2, 2013 2:16:13 AM

fn + F8 or F12
!