how to install java apps on a V500?

Last response: in Brands
May 1, 2005 7:32:20 PM

Hi!

I have a V500 and an IBM thinkpad X30 with built-in bluetooth (no
dongle).

I can pair the two devices and can transfer pictures without any
problems.
However what I cannot do at the moment is to install java applications
via bluetooth.

I have read some postings about how to "ORBIX push" apps to the phone,
but the bluetooth stack on my laptop does not seem to support this (at
least I don't have any ORBIX icons).
Selecting a file and trying to Send->Bluetooth does not work either as
the phone does not show up in this dialog.
And I observe that whenever I try to transfer a picture via the "copy"
command from the phone-menu it starts the transfer but eventually
fails with a "transfer rejected" error message...(however
double-clicking the phone-icond in the bluetooth-neighbourhood gives
me access to the "pictures" folder on the phone and from there I can
access and copy the pictures without problems).

can anybody please give me some hints on what may be wrong here and
what I could try to install java apps on the phone via bluetooth from
my laptop?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

More about : install java apps v500

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 2:44:17 AM

You need to change from the default Microsoft BT driver to the Widcom
driver with "My Bluetooth Places." Detailed instructions with file
sources are available on my blogsite at www.brobin111.blogspot.com.
Everything you need is there to drag and drop your .jar apps to the
phone. Feel free to ask any questions.

news:D 3091c17.0505011432.308aff3f@posting.google.com...

!