Dns not respOnding

Hello,
Keep getting a dns not responding !!!
23 answers Last reply
More about responding
  1. Me too. Its my connection. Too much ping loss. Dont know about issue. You can contact your IP provider.
  2. Hello Brantharris;

to ALL websites? everyone?
  3. Well not all But 99.9% of them
  4. See if you can reach the CNN website by typing 157.166.226.25 into the web browser address bar.
    Using the IP address instead of the URL bypasses the need for a DNS lookup.
  5. Done contacted my provider and that was a joke
  6. WR2 said:
    See if you can reach the CNN website by typing 157.166.226.25 into the web browser address bar.

I reach CNN by using ip address but my connection is........ :sweat:
  7. is... what?
  8. WR2 said:
    See if you can reach the CNN website by typing 157.166.226.25 into the web browser address bar.

I reach CNN by using ip address but my connection is........ :sweat:
  9. Is good-bad-good-bad..........chain. Maximum time ping loss.
  10. I receive bytes and send out bytes but nothing ... I can use my neighbors wifi and it works fine but with my At&t broadband it doesn't
  11. Sounds like your ISP is having issues. If it's your ISPs DNS servers you might be able to add DNS servers from another domain.

One example:
    Google DNS Primary / Secondary: 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4

You could add AT&Ts DNS servers, plus a few extra DNS servers to a longer list instead of just using the Auto option.

It usually doesn't take too long to reset, reboot the DNS servers so you could just wait till it clears up.

Possibly a problem with the Telco equipment. That type of stuff usually clears up too but it might take a bit longer.
  12. Oh I got to CNN once but now it woNt
  13. So google att&t's Dsn server.... But your saying this will clear up on it's own ?!?
  14. If you can't reach a website by it's IP address ( like CNN @ 157.166.226.25) there are problems beyond just the DNS servers.

DNS translates www.cnn.com (a URL) to 157.166.226.25 (IP address) which is what's needed to find a web site. The URLs just make it easier than remembering all those IP addresses.
  15. But it's has to be with my ip cause if I use my neighbors it works fine
  16. Does your neighbor use AT&T?
  17. No they don't
  18. You can try flushing your DNS cache.

Type command prompt into the Start Menu search bar
    Right mouse click to choose Run as Administrator

ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter at the command prompt

19. Brantharris said:
    No they don't
    Then they won't be using all the same pipes that you do - leaving room for Telco problems somewhere along the line.
  20. What will flushing do ?!? So you think my problem is my ip ?!?
  21. It's one troubleshooting step you can do. Kinda like turning off your model/router and restarting.
    It's only useful if you haven't rebooted lately.... AND the ISP has fixed it's problems, what ever they may be.
  22. When I go to my TCP/IP settings :dns server looks like this 290.183.33.23 290.183.35.23 and that's all one line should it be 2 lines ?!?
  23. I've done restored to factory settings
Ask a new question

Read More

DNS Windows 7