V3 RAZR radio interference?

I just picked up the RAZR for Cingular.

I've noticed something peculiar. This phone radiates a ridiculous field
around it, causing radio interference whenever a call or text message is
about to come in.

If the phone is within 10 feet of a radio, you can predict a phone call or
text message about 2 seconds before it actually arrives because whatever you
are listening to becomes garbled with RF static.

Anyone else notice this?

--

- Jonathan

FOUR BRAND SPANKIN NEW SONGS FOR YOU!
Added February 2005!
Go to http://www.guestroomproject.com/ to
hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.
5 answers Last reply
More about razr radio interference

    Welcome to GSM. Common on all GSM phones, particularly at 850mhz

    --
    Steve
    "£ Î Z @ R Ð" <jattea@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >I just picked up the RAZR for Cingular.
    >
    > I've noticed something peculiar. This phone radiates a ridiculous field
    > around it, causing radio interference whenever a call or text message is
    > about to come in.
    >
    > If the phone is within 10 feet of a radio, you can predict a phone call or
    > text message about 2 seconds before it actually arrives because whatever
    > you are listening to becomes garbled with RF static.
    >
    > Anyone else notice this?
    >

    > --
    >
    > - Jonathan
    >
    > FOUR BRAND SPANKIN NEW SONGS FOR YOU!
    > Added February 2005!
    > Go to http://www.guestroomproject.com/ to
    > hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
    > the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.

    Yes, if I'm talking on a landline I'll here the RF if the phone does
    anything.

    From:Steve
    nr4p@NOJUNKearthlink.net

    BruceR Wrote:
    > Yes, if I'm talking on a landline I'll here the RF if the phone does
    > anything.
    >
    > From:Steve
    > nr4p@NOJUNKearthlink.net
    >
    > > Welcome to GSM. Common on all GSM phones, particularly at 850mhz
    > >
    > > --
    > > Steve
    > > "£ Î Z @ R Ð" <jattea@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > >> I just picked up the RAZR for Cingular.
    > >>
    > >> I've noticed something peculiar. This phone radiates a ridiculous
    > >> field around it, causing radio interference whenever a call or text
    > >> message is about to come in.
    > >>
    > >> If the phone is within 10 feet of a radio, you can predict a phone
    > >> call or text message about 2 seconds before it actually arrives
    > >> because whatever you are listening to becomes garbled with RF
    > static.
    > >>
    > >> Anyone else notice this?
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> - Jonathan
    > >>
    > >> FOUR BRAND SPANKIN NEW SONGS FOR YOU!
    > >> Added February 2005!
    > >> Go to http://tinyurl.com/dtney to
    > >> hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
    > >> the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.

    Like it was previously mentioned, it's the GSM frequencies, so don't
    blame your Razr.... ;)

    --
    Tony E!

    Once and for all...

    This interference is a result of the frequencies used by GSM. If your GSM
    handset is near the audio device (speaker phone, stereo, mp3 player or
    almost anything with a speaker), you're going to get these sounds whenever
    the handset transmits. This occurs periodically when the handset and the
    cell site "handshake". That is, the cell site interrogates all handsets
    within range and exchanges a small amount of data. Something like (cell
    site) "..whomever is out there, identify yourself?". (handset) "...I'm
    here and available. My number is xxx-xxx-xxxx".

    Also, when someone calls your cellphone, the cell site broadcasts a data
    stream to all handsets, looking for yours. Your handset then transmits a
    short burst of data, identifying itself. (this is why you can sometimes
    tell when the cell phone is about to ring). Then the cell site sends a
    ringing signal and your handset rings.

    During the time you're talking, the handset is transmitting, so the
    interference continues.

    Generally, all GSM handsets should cause about the same amount of
    interference. The variables are; 1) distance between the handset and the
    audio device, 2) shielding of audio components inside the device being
    interfered with.
    ***
    Since this question comes up about once every 2 - 3 days here, let's just
    copy and repost it occasionally.

    "£ Î Z @ R Ð" <jattea@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > I just picked up the RAZR for Cingular.
    >
    > I've noticed something peculiar. This phone radiates a ridiculous field
    > around it, causing radio interference whenever a call or text message is
    > about to come in.
    >
    > If the phone is within 10 feet of a radio, you can predict a phone call or
    > text message about 2 seconds before it actually arrives because whatever
    you
    > are listening to becomes garbled with RF static.
    >
    > Anyone else notice this?
    >

    > --
    >
    > - Jonathan
    >
    > FOUR BRAND SPANKIN NEW SONGS FOR YOU!
    > Added February 2005!
    > Go to http://www.guestroomproject.com/ to
    > hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
    > the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.

    Welcome to GSM. Common on all GSM phones, particularly at 850mhz

    --
    Steve
    "£ Î Z @ R Ð" <jattea@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >I just picked up the RAZR for Cingular.
    >
    > I've noticed something peculiar. This phone radiates a ridiculous field
    > around it, causing radio interference whenever a call or text message is
    > about to come in.
    >
    > If the phone is within 10 feet of a radio, you can predict a phone call or
    > text message about 2 seconds before it actually arrives because whatever
    > you are listening to becomes garbled with RF static.
    >
    > Anyone else notice this?
    >

    > --
    >
    > - Jonathan
    >
    > FOUR BRAND SPANKIN NEW SONGS FOR YOU!
    > Added February 2005!
    > Go to http://www.guestroomproject.com/ to
    > hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
    > the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.

Motorola Phones Radio