Blank screen with underline in upper left hand corner

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
May 29, 2012 2:41:29 AM

Blank screen with underline in upper left hand corner
a b $ Windows 7
May 29, 2012 4:28:35 AM

To help us assist you, please provide more information:

1) Decribe the issue you are having in detail. For example if its with a specific piece of equipment, include the make and model.
2) When was it last working normally? Since then, did you add/remove any software or hardware?
3) What steps have you already tried to resolve the problem? (rebooted, searched google, etc)
m
l
May 30, 2012 7:59:34 PM

nhasian said:
To help us assist you, please provide more information:

1) Decribe the issue you are having in detail. For example if its with a specific piece of equipment, include the make and model.
2) When was it last working normally? Since then, did you add/remove any software or hardware?
3) What steps have you already tried to resolve the problem? (rebooted, searched google, etc)

I have a compaq presariox1000, which originally came with windows xp. It was subsequently upgraded to windows 7 ultimate before I received the machine. It worked fine for a year. suddenlly, I got the blinking underline in the upper left hand corner after the red compaq logo comes on.

The first time this happened idid a cnt + alt+dlt and was able to get backinto the notebook.

Now it has happened again. Neither the cnt + alt+dlt or cntl+shift + esc just before the compaq logo comes on will work. I do not have the original software.

I cannot find anything else to help online.

HELP!!!
m
l
!