Ghost a drive

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Howdy Partners,

One of my Rig's is about to kick the bucket so I have bought a new hard drive, and I was wondering you any of you know any good free software that can retrieve serial numbers...

I'm going to use Ghostzila to clone the hdd onto the new hdd.. but I have a crap ton of software that I will need the serial numbers for... like BF3... adobe CS5... ect...
Will BF3/CS5 transfer straight over and work straight up? Or will I need to get the serial numbers and add them again..

This is not usually something I deal with IT wise, usually building or designing.

Thanks, Wombat.

Solution
thats fantastic. I use clonezilla frequently as I test developmental versions of Fedora and Ubuntu and it makes it easy to roll back to a good configuration if some developmental update borks the system. if your issue is resolved please mark the thread solved.
what you want to use is Clonezilla

rdc85

Honorable
if u ghost/clone the OS and software the serial is cloned too, why did u need to extract each of them?

from my experience with acronis, restoring cloned image restore it to condition when i cloned, all program installed and working. but i cannot said the same with Ghostzila (never used it)

thats fantastic. I use clonezilla frequently as I test developmental versions of Fedora and Ubuntu and it makes it easy to roll back to a good configuration if some developmental update borks the system. if your issue is resolved please mark the thread solved.

Solution