Off-line HTML viewer -- iSilo, or...?

June 4, 2004 7:00:16 AM

Hi all,

I would like to be able to view HTML-formatted files on my Tungsten E.
I don't want Internet access; I just have some apps whose
documentation is in HTML, and I'd like to copy those documents onto
the Palm and view them there.

I'm currently evaluating iSilo, and it looks to do the job very well.
But, before I decide to buy it, I would like to find out if there are
any other products that do the job as well. (Freeware would be nice
but price is not really a big concern -- iSilo is $20, seems a pretty
good value.)

Thanks!

- Thomas

More about : line html viewer isilo

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 2:09:14 PM

You can point plucker at a local file. e.g. I have it pointing to file://c:
\path_to\somefile.html and that file is browseable on my Palm.

--
Pokemon Box ebay auction
http://tinyurl.com/yw9er

Thomas Okken wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to be able to view HTML-formatted files on my Tungsten E.
> I don't want Internet access (...)

You should check out plucker (www.plkr.org): it's free and works well
for me.

Cheers,
JP
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 10:06:16 AM

On 4 Jun 2004 03:00:16 -0700, thomas_okken@hotmail.com (Thomas Okken) spewed
forth these words of wisdom:

>Hi all,
>
>I would like to be able to view HTML-formatted files on my Tungsten E.
>I don't want Internet access; I just have some apps whose
>documentation is in HTML, and I'd like to copy those documents onto
>the Palm and view them there.
>
>I'm currently evaluating iSilo, and it looks to do the job very well.
>But, before I decide to buy it, I would like to find out if there are
>any other products that do the job as well. (Freeware would be nice
>but price is not really a big concern -- iSilo is $20, seems a pretty
>good value.)
>
>Thanks!
>
> - Thomas

You can view HTML or any printable document with RepliGo. The converter includes
a conversion button in the IE toolbar.
http://www.cerience.com/

Galley
!