No sound.

14Dx

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
I have a Haupuage WinTV card with a tuner input, 1/8" audio out, and composite in. I can't tell you much about the card because I got it OEM but windows recognizes it as a "Hauppauge Streaming data capture device" and "Hauppauge Win/TV 878/9 VFW Video Driver". I downloaded the drivers for it from Hauppauge's website and the tuner aplication and it was all working fine. But today I had to swap all my PCI cards around to make room for the new 9500 and after I installed the drivers I couldnt watch TV. The picture was horrible (it used to be crystal clear) and there is no audio. Pease help as this is very frustrating. Thanks,

14D

Mavicator

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
I would completely uninstall and reinstall the drivers and applications. Sounds like the system didn't take kindly to moving the card. As for no sound, are you sure you put the audio patch cable back properly?

-- Ah sh*t! sys64738 --

14Dx

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
tried reinstalling drivers and apps several times. The sound out is just a female 1/8" on back of card and its hooked up just fine. Will look for more recent drivers. Can anyone recomend a better ap for tv? WinTV 2000 kind of sucks...

Mavicator

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
I've used it for years with no problems. Go into the audio preferences section of Win TV and make sure you have the mixer set properly. Then make sure whatever input you're using isn't muted. Sorry for the noob suggestion but I've overlooked simple things before! Also I'll assume this is a high-quality motherboard. I installed a Win TV card recently into a system with an off-brand mobo and it had terrible problems. After replacing the video card, tying my personal TV card, adding memory and reinstalling the OS it still didn't work. Had to replace the mobo. :\

-- Ah sh*t! sys64738 --

14Dx

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
After installing the latest drivers and latest version of wintv it works. The newest version didnt include a capture program though. Could you recomend a good one?

If its not broken, you're not trying hard enough.

Mavicator

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
They offer a download for people using the WDM drivers in WinXP called Win TV Recorder. I just installed it last night. It works quite well. Find it <A HREF="http://www.hauppauge.com/html/sw_wcst.htm#wdm" target="_new">HERE</A>.

-- Ah sh*t! sys64738 --