Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

RAZR questions

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 7:27:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

just got a razr for cingular. I've had Samsungs (with sprint) for five
years.

I have a few problems:

1) I don't like how I can't access speeddials just by typing the number and
hitting send. I know this sounds nit-picky, but with the RAZR, i have to
type the speed dial number, then #, then send. So 32#(send) instead of 32
(send). Any way to bypass the #? I don't even know why it's necessary.
If I hit a one or two digit number and then send, it pauses for a second and
then says "not available"

2) If I take someone's picture and assign it to their phone number and they
call me, the picture shows up real tiny in the outside screen. I don't know
why it doesn't just fill the whole screen. Any way to adjust this?

3) THE LACK OF NORMAL RINGS. I hate this! Why do they insist that I use a
song as my ring. I'd love to just have a bunch of normal, old-school,
non-obnoxious rings. Where can I get some for free??

4) Just a question -- if I don't have a bluetooth computer, and I don't want
to buy a special cable, how do I get photos off the phone and into a
computer? Can I e-mail them?

Thanks to anyone who feels like helping.


--

- Jonathan

FOUR BRAND SPANKIN NEW SONGS FOR YOU!
Added February 2005!
Go to http://www.guestroomproject.com/ to
hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.

More about : razr questions

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 1:03:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

From:£ Î Z @ R Ð
jattea@adelphia.net

> just got a razr for cingular. I've had Samsungs (with sprint) for
> five years.
>
> I have a few problems:
>
> 1) I don't like how I can't access speeddials just by typing the
> number and hitting send. I know this sounds nit-picky, but with the
> RAZR, i have to type the speed dial number, then #, then send. So
> 32#(send) instead of 32 (send). Any way to bypass the #? I don't
> even know why it's necessary. If I hit a one or two digit number and
> then send, it pauses for a second and then says "not available"

Yes, but only for the single digit numbers. If you have a number saved
as speed dial 7, just press and hold 7 to call it.

>
> 2) If I take someone's picture and assign it to their phone number
> and they call me, the picture shows up real tiny in the outside
> screen. I don't know why it doesn't just fill the whole screen. Any
> way to adjust this?

Not throught the phone. Maybe with seem (not SIM) edits.
>
> 3) THE LACK OF NORMAL RINGS. I hate this! Why do they insist that
> I use a song as my ring. I'd love to just have a bunch of normal,
> old-school, non-obnoxious rings. Where can I get some for free??

Mine came with "normal" rings as well and you can get an old bell sound
ringer at alt.binaries.cellphone.ringtones
>
> 4) Just a question -- if I don't have a bluetooth computer, and I
> don't want to buy a special cable, how do I get photos off the phone
> and into a computer? Can I e-mail them?

You can, but for $15 you can buy a BT adaptor for your PC and use it to
upload games too. See http://brobin111.blogspot.com for details.
>
> Thanks to anyone who feels like helping.
>
>
> --
>
> - Jonathan
>
> FOUR BRAND SPANKIN NEW SONGS FOR YOU!
> Added February 2005!
> Go to http://www.guestroomproject.com/ to
> hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
> the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.
!