RAZR questions

just got a razr for cingular. I've had Samsungs (with sprint) for five
years.

I have a few problems:

1) I don't like how I can't access speeddials just by typing the number and
hitting send. I know this sounds nit-picky, but with the RAZR, i have to
type the speed dial number, then #, then send. So 32#(send) instead of 32
(send). Any way to bypass the #? I don't even know why it's necessary.
If I hit a one or two digit number and then send, it pauses for a second and
then says "not available"

2) If I take someone's picture and assign it to their phone number and they
call me, the picture shows up real tiny in the outside screen. I don't know
why it doesn't just fill the whole screen. Any way to adjust this?

3) THE LACK OF NORMAL RINGS. I hate this! Why do they insist that I use a
song as my ring. I'd love to just have a bunch of normal, old-school,
non-obnoxious rings. Where can I get some for free??

4) Just a question -- if I don't have a bluetooth computer, and I don't want
to buy a special cable, how do I get photos off the phone and into a
computer? Can I e-mail them?

Thanks to anyone who feels like helping.

--

- Jonathan

FOUR BRAND SPANKIN NEW SONGS FOR YOU!
Added February 2005!
Go to http://www.guestroomproject.com/ to
hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.
1 answer Last reply
More about razr questions

    From:£ Î Z @ R Ð
    jattea@adelphia.net

    > just got a razr for cingular. I've had Samsungs (with sprint) for
    > five years.
    >
    > I have a few problems:
    >
    > 1) I don't like how I can't access speeddials just by typing the
    > number and hitting send. I know this sounds nit-picky, but with the
    > RAZR, i have to type the speed dial number, then #, then send. So
    > 32#(send) instead of 32 (send). Any way to bypass the #? I don't
    > even know why it's necessary. If I hit a one or two digit number and
    > then send, it pauses for a second and then says "not available"

    Yes, but only for the single digit numbers. If you have a number saved
    as speed dial 7, just press and hold 7 to call it.

    > 2) If I take someone's picture and assign it to their phone number
    > and they call me, the picture shows up real tiny in the outside
    > screen. I don't know why it doesn't just fill the whole screen. Any
    > way to adjust this?

    Not throught the phone. Maybe with seem (not SIM) edits.

    > 3) THE LACK OF NORMAL RINGS. I hate this! Why do they insist that
    > I use a song as my ring. I'd love to just have a bunch of normal,
    > old-school, non-obnoxious rings. Where can I get some for free??

    Mine came with "normal" rings as well and you can get an old bell sound
    ringer at alt.binaries.cellphone.ringtones

    > 4) Just a question -- if I don't have a bluetooth computer, and I
    > don't want to buy a special cable, how do I get photos off the phone
    > and into a computer? Can I e-mail them?

    You can, but for $15 you can buy a BT adaptor for your PC and use it to
    upload games too. See http://brobin111.blogspot.com for details.

    > Thanks to anyone who feels like helping.
    >

    > --
    >
    > - Jonathan
    >
    > FOUR BRAND SPANKIN NEW SONGS FOR YOU!
    > Added February 2005!
    > Go to http://www.guestroomproject.com/ to
    > hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
    > the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.

Motorola