How do i connect my netbook to an already existing wireless router

johnhand

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I have an existing wireless network, and wish to add a Netbook to it. The Netbook can detect the network, but will not join it. It says the signal is strong, but still will not join the network. The computers cannot detect the Netbook wirelessly either, although network discovery is turned on. Any ideas?

johnhand

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

This is a doctor's office so I don't want to dork up the entire network, but I did turn both routers off and on repeatedly in the process of troubleshooting the netbook. (Or trying to, anyway.)

johnhand

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I received an e-mail suggesting I add more detail, but I don't know what else I could say. The laptop can connect to the Linksys hotspot downtown, but while it "sees" and says it gets a strong signal from the network in the office, it cannot connect to it. I tried turning off Windows Firewall, but no dice. I cannot figure out how to get it to allow our network, or to add it to a list of items that are allowed. It won't join the established homegroup either. The other Windows 7 computers can "see" it, but cannot connect to it. Yes, network discovery is turned on, file sharing is turned on, etc.