locked phone

Help
ive got a motorola cell and my kid locked the phone and cant remember the
code
what can i do?
tia
6 answers Last reply
More about locked phone

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 03:50:24 GMT, "talin" <talin@flash.net> wrote:

    >Help
    >ive got a motorola cell and my kid locked the phone and cant remember the
    >code
    >what can i do?
    >tia

    Did you change the code from the default? Default is usually 0000 or
    1234 for motorola. If it's not the default code, you can try the
    default security code. When it asks for your code, press the menu
    button. It will come up asking for the security code. Again, for
    motorola it's usually 123456 or 000000. That's what they were for my
    v60, v300, and v551. Good luck..

    Sometimes the carrier will set the code for you using th last 4 digits
    of the phone number, sometimes is reverse. 415-945-6578 would give you
    either 6578 or 8756.

    From:BBH
    noneof.your.business.net@

    > On Fri, 06 May 2005 03:50:24 GMT, "talin" <talin@flash.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Help
    >> ive got a motorola cell and my kid locked the phone and cant
    >> remember the code
    >> what can i do?
    >> tia
    >>

    > Did you change the code from the default? Default is usually 0000 or
    > 1234 for motorola. If it's not the default code, you can try the
    > default security code. When it asks for your code, press the menu
    > button. It will come up asking for the security code. Again, for
    > motorola it's usually 123456 or 000000. That's what they were for my
    > v60, v300, and v551. Good luck..

    hi
    thanks guys, but neither suggestion worked
    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > Sometimes the carrier will set the code for you using th last 4 digits of
    > the phone number, sometimes is reverse. 415-945-6578 would give you either
    > 6578 or 8756.
    >
    > From:BBH
    > noneof.your.business.net@
    >
    >> On Fri, 06 May 2005 03:50:24 GMT, "talin" <talin@flash.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Help
    >>> ive got a motorola cell and my kid locked the phone and cant
    >>> remember the code
    >>> what can i do?
    >>> tia
    >>>

    >> Did you change the code from the default? Default is usually 0000 or
    >> 1234 for motorola. If it's not the default code, you can try the
    >> default security code. When it asks for your code, press the menu
    >> button. It will come up asking for the security code. Again, for
    >> motorola it's usually 123456 or 000000. That's what they were for my
    >> v60, v300, and v551. Good luck..

    If it's a GMS phone this may work depending on your service provider. I have
    encountered a similar situation. I entered what I thought to be the code and
    it did not work. After the 3rd try it required me to enter a PUK or PUK2
    code. This code is programmed on the SIM card. Contact your service provider
    and obtain the codes (PUK & PUK2), you may need the other in the future.Make
    sure you get the right codes because you only have a few attempts with this
    code. If you exceed the attempts, your SIM card will lock never being able
    to be reactivated. Then you will need to buy (or obtain) a new SIM card.
    Again, this has happened to me a few times, now I have my PUK & PUK2 codes
    log at home in my files for all my mobile phones. Good luck.
    BTW if you are away and it happens, your phone should still be able to make
    emergency and customer service calls.

    "talin" <talin@flash.net> wrote in message
    > hi
    > thanks guys, but neither suggestion worked
    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >> Sometimes the carrier will set the code for you using th last 4 digits of
    >> the phone number, sometimes is reverse. 415-945-6578 would give you
    >> either 6578 or 8756.
    >>
    >> From:BBH
    >> noneof.your.business.net@

    >>> Did you change the code from the default? Default is usually 0000 or
    >>> 1234 for motorola. If it's not the default code, you can try the
    >>> default security code. When it asks for your code, press the menu
    >>> button. It will come up asking for the security code. Again, for
    >>> motorola it's usually 123456 or 000000. That's what they were for my
    >>> v60, v300, and v551. Good luck..

    thanks again nope doseny work

    > thanks again nope doseny work

    calling your service provider will work, they will tell you how to get by
    this by giving you the aforementioned codes, sometimes called 'PUK' etc,
    sometimes not but that should work

    try calling them and ask them, afterall its their job to help isnt it?

    HTH

    Christo

Motorola Phones