locked phone

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 6, 2005 7:50:24 AM

Help
ive got a motorola cell and my kid locked the phone and cant remember the
code
what can i do?
tia

More about : locked phone

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 7:59:42 AM

On Fri, 06 May 2005 03:50:24 GMT, "talin" <talin@flash.net> wrote:

>Help
>ive got a motorola cell and my kid locked the phone and cant remember the
>code
>what can i do?
>tia

Did you change the code from the default? Default is usually 0000 or
1234 for motorola. If it's not the default code, you can try the
default security code. When it asks for your code, press the menu
button. It will come up asking for the security code. Again, for
motorola it's usually 123456 or 000000. That's what they were for my
v60, v300, and v551. Good luck..
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:56:01 AM

Sometimes the carrier will set the code for you using th last 4 digits
of the phone number, sometimes is reverse. 415-945-6578 would give you
either 6578 or 8756.

From:BBH
noneof.your.business.net@

> On Fri, 06 May 2005 03:50:24 GMT, "talin" <talin@flash.net> wrote:
>
>> Help
>> ive got a motorola cell and my kid locked the phone and cant
>> remember the code
>> what can i do?
>> tia
>>

> Did you change the code from the default? Default is usually 0000 or
> 1234 for motorola. If it's not the default code, you can try the
> default security code. When it asks for your code, press the menu
> button. It will come up asking for the security code. Again, for
> motorola it's usually 123456 or 000000. That's what they were for my
> v60, v300, and v551. Good luck..
Related resources
May 6, 2005 6:16:46 PM

hi
thanks guys, but neither suggestion worked
"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes the carrier will set the code for you using th last 4 digits of
> the phone number, sometimes is reverse. 415-945-6578 would give you either
> 6578 or 8756.
>
> From:BBH
> noneof.your.business.net@
>
>> On Fri, 06 May 2005 03:50:24 GMT, "talin" <talin@flash.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Help
>>> ive got a motorola cell and my kid locked the phone and cant
>>> remember the code
>>> what can i do?
>>> tia
>>>

>> Did you change the code from the default? Default is usually 0000 or
>> 1234 for motorola. If it's not the default code, you can try the
>> default security code. When it asks for your code, press the menu
>> button. It will come up asking for the security code. Again, for
>> motorola it's usually 123456 or 000000. That's what they were for my
>> v60, v300, and v551. Good luck..

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 6:16:47 PM

If it's a GMS phone this may work depending on your service provider. I have
encountered a similar situation. I entered what I thought to be the code and
it did not work. After the 3rd try it required me to enter a PUK or PUK2
code. This code is programmed on the SIM card. Contact your service provider
and obtain the codes (PUK & PUK2), you may need the other in the future.Make
sure you get the right codes because you only have a few attempts with this
code. If you exceed the attempts, your SIM card will lock never being able
to be reactivated. Then you will need to buy (or obtain) a new SIM card.
Again, this has happened to me a few times, now I have my PUK & PUK2 codes
log at home in my files for all my mobile phones. Good luck.
BTW if you are away and it happens, your phone should still be able to make
emergency and customer service calls.

"talin" <talin@flash.net> wrote in message
> hi
> thanks guys, but neither suggestion worked
> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>> Sometimes the carrier will set the code for you using th last 4 digits of
>> the phone number, sometimes is reverse. 415-945-6578 would give you
>> either 6578 or 8756.
>>
>> From:BBH
>> noneof.your.business.net@

>>> Did you change the code from the default? Default is usually 0000 or
>>> 1234 for motorola. If it's not the default code, you can try the
>>> default security code. When it asks for your code, press the menu
>>> button. It will come up asking for the security code. Again, for
>>> motorola it's usually 123456 or 000000. That's what they were for my
>>> v60, v300, and v551. Good luck..

May 6, 2005 11:44:45 PM

thanks again nope doseny work

"JAW" <jawolife@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 5g0610s81@enews3.newsguy.com...
> If it's a GMS phone this may work depending on your service provider. I
> have encountered a similar situation. I entered what I thought to be the
> code and it did not work. After the 3rd try it required me to enter a PUK
> or PUK2 code. This code is programmed on the SIM card. Contact your
> service provider and obtain the codes (PUK & PUK2), you may need the other
> in the future.Make sure you get the right codes because you only have a
> few attempts with this code. If you exceed the attempts, your SIM card
> will lock never being able to be reactivated. Then you will need to buy
> (or obtain) a new SIM card. Again, this has happened to me a few times,
> now I have my PUK & PUK2 codes log at home in my files for all my mobile
> phones. Good luck.
> BTW if you are away and it happens, your phone should still be able to
> make emergency and customer service calls.
>

> "talin" <talin@flash.net> wrote in message
>> hi
>> thanks guys, but neither suggestion worked
>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>>> Sometimes the carrier will set the code for you using th last 4 digits
>>> of the phone number, sometimes is reverse. 415-945-6578 would give you
>>> either 6578 or 8756.
>>>
>>> From:BBH
>>> noneof.your.business.net@

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 1:43:44 AM

> thanks again nope doseny work

calling your service provider will work, they will tell you how to get by
this by giving you the aforementioned codes, sometimes called 'PUK' etc,
sometimes not but that should work

try calling them and ask them, afterall its their job to help isnt it?

HTH

Christo
!