Help with syncing my Palm T3 with my PC

June 4, 2004 7:42:02 AM

Hi there
I have a Tungsten T3, working fine by itself, but I am having a
problem syncing data between it and the computer. I've tried changing
settings all over the place, and no luck yet. Below is the log, could
someone take a look and see if they can spot the problem and a fix?
Thanks, much appreciated....
SS

Install To Card synchronization failed
Conduit Error: Unknown error. (1000)
Outlook Calendar
- Not Synchronized
OK Outlook Calendar
Outlook Contacts
- Not Synchronized
OK Outlook Contacts
Outlook Tasks
- Not Synchronized
OK Outlook Tasks
Outlook Notes
- Not Synchronized
OK Outlook Notes
Outlook Date Book
- Do Nothing
OK Outlook Date Book
Outlook Address Book
- Do Nothing
OK Outlook Address Book
Outlook To Do List
- Do Nothing
OK Outlook To Do List
Outlook Memo Pad
- Do Nothing
OK Outlook Memo Pad
OK Expense
OK Note Pad
OK Voice Memo
VersaMail - None of the accounts are configured for HotSync. Use the
conduit to configure accounts to HotSync.
OK Documents To Go
OK Adobe Reader
OK AvantGo Connect
OK Photos
-- Backing up db Bluetooth Trusted Devices to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\Bluetooth_Trusted_Devices.PDB
-- Backing up db Bluetooth Device Cache to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\Bluetooth_Device_Cache.PDB
-- Backing up db psysLaunchDB to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
-- Backing up db Graffiti ShortCuts to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts_.PRC
-- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
-- Backing up db Queries to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\Queries.PDB
OK System
HotSync operation complete 06/04/04 17:33:22

HotSync operation started 06/04/04 16:58:20
ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the
SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your
handheld to open these files.
If you have recently installed such an application, please run that
application and then perform a HotSync operation.
5529024.pdf
[...]
HotSync operation complete 06/04/04 16:58:35

HotSync operation started 06/04/04 16:57:01
- Installed file: C:\Program Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\T3Update.prc
- Installed file: C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\T3Update_deDE.prc
- Installed file: C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\T3Update_enUS.prc
- Installed file: C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\T3Update_esES.prc
- Installed file: C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\T3Update_frFR.prc
- Installed file: C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\T3Update_itIT.prc
OK Install
[...]
HotSync operation complete 06/04/04 16:57:54

HotSync operation started 06/04/04 16:55:21
[...]
HotSync operation complete 06/04/04 16:55:37

HotSync operation started 06/04/04 16:46:13
[...]
HotSync operation complete 06/04/04 16:46:27

HotSync operation started 06/04/04 16:43:43
[...]
HotSync operation complete 06/04/04 16:43:57

HotSync operation started 06/04/04 16:41:38
[...]
HotSync operation complete 06/04/04 16:41:52

HotSync operation started 06/04/04 16:36:50
[...]
HotSync operation complete 06/04/04 16:37:04

HotSync operation started 06/04/04 16:29:44
[...]
-- Backing up db McFileSend to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\McFileSend.PDB
-- Backing up db SimCity.Cities to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\SimCity_Cities.PDB
-- Backing up db psysLaunchDB to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
-- Backing up db Graffiti ShortCuts to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts_.PRC
-- Backing up db GPSpilot Maps to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\GPSpilot_Maps.PDB
-- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
-- Backing up db Queries to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\Queries.PDB
OK System
HotSync operation complete 06/04/04 16:30:10

HotSync operation started 06/02/04 12:42:21
- Installed file: C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\Atlas.patched.prc
- Installed file: C:\Program Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\Palm 3.3
maps.pdb
- Installed file: C:\Program Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\Palm color
maps.PDB
- Installed file: C:\Program Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\Palm
maps.pdb
- Installed file: C:\Program Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\Palm
points.PDB
- Installed file: C:\Program Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\PalmPilot
maps.pdb
- Installed file: C:\Program Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\PalmPilot
points.PDB
- Installed file: C:\Program Files\Palm\YatesT\Install\SimCity.prc
OK Install
[...]
-- Backing up db Tetris Prefs to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\Tetris_Prefs.PDB
-- Backing up db McFileSend to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\McFileSend.PDB
-- Backing up db psysLaunchDB to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
-- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file C:\Program
Files\Palm\YatesT\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
-- The database for CustIt.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
the backup to the Archive folder.
-- The database for DietAssistant.PRC was deleted on the handheld.
Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
-- The database for DrawIt.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
the backup to the Archive folder.
-- The database for EatWatch.PRC was deleted on the handheld.
Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
-- The database for FoodDB.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
the backup to the Archive folder.
-- The database for Plucker.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
the backup to the Archive folder.
-- The database for Prison.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
the backup to the Archive folder.
-- The database for TT3Update.PRC was deleted on the handheld.
Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
-- The database for WebProV.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
the backup to the Archive folder.
OK System
HotSync operation complete 06/02/04 12:43:09

More about : syncing palm

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 8:31:12 AM

On 4 Jun 2004 03:42:02 -0700, slipperystar@popstar.com (SlipperyStar)
wrote:

>Hi there
>I have a Tungsten T3, working fine by itself, but I am having a
>problem syncing data between it and the computer. I've tried changing
>settings all over the place, and no luck yet. Below is the log, could
>someone take a look and see if they can spot the problem and a fix?
>Thanks, much appreciated....
>SS

I'd start by installing adobe acrobat for palm and also opening your
versamail conduit settings and activating one (or more) of your email
accounts. Either run the versamail icon or right click the hotsync
icon near the clock on the pc and select custom, then click versamail
in the list of conduits and the change button.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 9:48:57 AM

Make sure you have Outlook, not Outlook Express, installed and open on your
PC. If you have Outlook Express then you need to install the conduits to
synch to the Palm Desktop.

Also watch while the Hot Sync is going on. When it tries to access Outlook a
dialog will pop open indicating that an application is trying to acess
Outlook and you will have an option to allow access for X minutes (you get
to chose the value of X from a drop down menu).

Cheers
TC

"SlipperyStar" <slipperystar@popstar.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
> -- The database for DrawIt.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
> the backup to the Archive folder.
> -- The database for EatWatch.PRC was deleted on the handheld.
> Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
> -- The database for FoodDB.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
> the backup to the Archive folder.
> -- The database for Plucker.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
> the backup to the Archive folder.
> -- The database for Prison.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
> the backup to the Archive folder.
> -- The database for TT3Update.PRC was deleted on the handheld.
> Moving the backup to the Archive folder.
> -- The database for WebProV.PRC was deleted on the handheld. Moving
> the backup to the Archive folder.
> OK System
> HotSync operation complete 06/02/04 12:43:09

June 6, 2004 8:46:54 PM

Thanks Tony.

You know I finally just backed up what I needed to and then
uninstalled and reinstalled my Palm desktop applications. Everything
works great now, back to normal. So for those who may be having the
problems that I did, it really only took me about a half an hour to
use this fix, and everything is now
perfect.

SS
!