32 bit and 64 bit software

vijjiv

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Have some dictionaries on cds, these were working on a windows XP2 environment but will not load on windows 7 stating some compatibility issues with 32 and 64 bit software. Tried right clicking on compatibility but still did not work asking me to seek win32 help.

Tried the Win7 built in XP mode ?
http://windowssecrets.com/top-story/using-windows-7s-xp-mode-step-by-step/

Windows XP2 environment was 32bit, correct?
You're now on Windows 7 64bit.

Those 'dictionaries on cds' might be 16bit software or have a 16bit installer routine that won't run on 64bit Windows 7.

The probably would run on 32bit Windows 7 but it's probably not worth your trouble to switch Win7 versions.

upthegrove

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

not everything can be found or is easy to download off the internet. especially if it's something obscure but happens to be important or of interest only to you.

encarta 95 had some really interesting and inspiring audio quotes on it that i'd like to hear again or capture for my own personal use. items such as armstrong landing on the moon, dorothy's arrival in oz, , maya angelou's inaugaration poem, a reading of Ralp Waldo Emerson's poem, winston churchill during world war 2 and things like that. not impossible to find on the internet for some of them i'm sure but not all of them in one easy searchable database.

people have a myriad of reasons why they are searching for solutions to this problem and i am sure my reason is not the only one.