MPT

Hi:

Quick question. I finally got MPT to recognize the V180 and V220 phones.
The driver I installed was for the USB_modem - so the USB port can talk to
the phone. Now, do I need to install a separate driver for the V180 and
V220 so MPT can work with the phone?

My problem is that it can see the V220 but it will not show me any of the
pictures or audio on the phone.

Thanks.

Bob

It has removed 2960 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
4 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:29:31 GMT, "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi:
    >
    >Quick question. I finally got MPT to recognize the V180 and V220 phones.
    >The driver I installed was for the USB_modem - so the USB port can talk to
    >the phone. Now, do I need to install a separate driver for the V180 and
    >V220 so MPT can work with the phone?
    >
    >My problem is that it can see the V220 but it will not show me any of the
    >pictures or audio on the phone.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Bob

    Me too. I have a V551 and have tried MPT with USB and bluetooth. No
    matter what I do, I have to retrain MPT every time I start it. It
    won't update (malformed URL message), it won't see my phone though I
    have a template for it. Arrrrgh! What a piece of junk. It's like
    software that's written by a committee.

    I'll watch this thread. If there's a suggestion that will get this
    software to run, I'll email a 6-pack to the author.

    John

    Hi:

    Let me add a few items here.

    1. The MPT software does have to be retrained each time even though you
    would think the profile name would allow it to load the correct
    information
    for the phone I have connected.

    We finally got MPT to recognize the 2 V180's and one V220. A second V220
    it
    does not work with correctly.

    2. The second V220, MPT does not show the music or any picture files on
    the
    phone. (remember, it works just fine showing the files on the first
    V220).
    The second V220 has memory almost full. 2K bytes available (my daughter
    has
    tons of pictures) So, I deleted 1 picture thinking that it may need a
    small
    amount of memory on the phone for some reason. To no avail.

    So, on the second V220 I can not download or upload to the phone.
    Basically, I want to download the pictures and then delete them from the
    phone so ringtones may be uploaded.

    Any ideas?

    Bob Lally

    "Spectrum" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:29:31 GMT, "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi:
    > >
    > >Quick question. I finally got MPT to recognize the V180 and V220
    phones.
    > >The driver I installed was for the USB_modem - so the USB port can talk
    > >the phone. Now, do I need to install a separate driver for the V180
    and
    > >V220 so MPT can work with the phone?
    > >
    > >My problem is that it can see the V220 but it will not show me any of
    the
    > >pictures or audio on the phone.
    > >
    > >Thanks.
    > >
    > >Bob
    >
    > Me too. I have a V551 and have tried MPT with USB and bluetooth. No
    > matter what I do, I have to retrain MPT every time I start it. It
    > won't update (malformed URL message), it won't see my phone though I
    > have a template for it. Arrrrgh! What a piece of junk. It's like
    > software that's written by a committee.
    >
    > I'll watch this thread. If there's a suggestion that will get this
    > software to run, I'll email a 6-pack to the author.
    >
    > John

    It has removed 3042 spam emails to date.
    Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    MPT 3.19 does not fully load in my PC and wrecks havoc in my V600. I use
    3.11 and stay away from 3.19.
    "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > Let me add a few items here.
    >
    > 1. The MPT software does have to be retrained each time even though you
    > would think the profile name would allow it to load the correct
    > information
    > for the phone I have connected.
    >
    > We finally got MPT to recognize the 2 V180's and one V220. A second V220
    > it
    > does not work with correctly.
    >
    > 2. The second V220, MPT does not show the music or any picture files on
    > the
    > phone. (remember, it works just fine showing the files on the first
    > V220).
    > The second V220 has memory almost full. 2K bytes available (my daughter
    > has
    > tons of pictures) So, I deleted 1 picture thinking that it may need a
    > small
    > amount of memory on the phone for some reason. To no avail.
    >
    > So, on the second V220 I can not download or upload to the phone.
    > Basically, I want to download the pictures and then delete them from the
    > phone so ringtones may be uploaded.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Bob Lally
    >

    > "Spectrum" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:29:31 GMT, "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi:
    > > >
    > > >Quick question. I finally got MPT to recognize the V180 and V220
    > phones.
    > > >The driver I installed was for the USB_modem - so the USB port can talk
    > > >the phone. Now, do I need to install a separate driver for the V180
    > and
    > > >V220 so MPT can work with the phone?
    > > >
    > > >My problem is that it can see the V220 but it will not show me any of
    > the
    > > >pictures or audio on the phone.
    > > >
    > > >Thanks.
    > > >
    > > >Bob
    > >
    > > Me too. I have a V551 and have tried MPT with USB and bluetooth. No
    > > matter what I do, I have to retrain MPT every time I start it. It
    > > won't update (malformed URL message), it won't see my phone though I
    > > have a template for it. Arrrrgh! What a piece of junk. It's like
    > > software that's written by a committee.
    > >
    > > I'll watch this thread. If there's a suggestion that will get this
    > > software to run, I'll email a 6-pack to the author.
    > >
    > > John

    > It has removed 3042 spam emails to date.
    > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    Spectrum <none@nowhere.com> wrote:
    > Me too. I have a V551 and have tried MPT with USB and bluetooth. No
    > matter what I do, I have to retrain MPT every time I start it. It

    Did you do a Live Update?
    After many gyrations and go-rounds, I think I have the magic incantations
    in the right order.

    Motorola V551 from Cingular.
    < http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/phonedetails.jsp?id=cdsku9870012 >
    DLink DBT-120 purchased at Fry's Electronics.
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=34

    Uninstall my DLink DBT-120 and Mobile Phone Tools from the add/remove
    programs in the control panel.

    Follow the instructions to verify that the device is gone.
    Install the latest DLink Drivers and disable the WindowsXP-SP2 drivers.
    http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2146

    Install Mobile Phone Tools 3.11.
    http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/upgrade/US/
    Skip phone detection until after LiveUpdate.
    Create a new profile of some name, and select it as the default.
    Visit the menu, setup, invoke LiveUpdate. (3.25b 4/8/2005)
    Don't automatically launch again at the end of the update.

    From My Bluetooth Places, Search for Devices in Range, and Establish
    Pairing. This requires that Bluetooth be turned on in the phone.
    You should be able to use the OBEX File Transfer to upload pictures from
    the phone.

    Start Mobile Phone Tools.
    If the phone isn't detected, try finding it manually.
    http://support.bvrp.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=234
    An odd typo in those instructions:
    "PhoneTools should not be setup" should certainly be
    "PhoneTools should now be setup"

    The next time I start, I can turn on the bluetooth in the phone and launch
    Mobile Phone Tools.

    If you are using a Motorola Bluetooth adapter, there is a new driver on the
    BVRP site noted above.

    --
    ---

Motorola Phones USB