MPT

Last response: in Brands
May 6, 2005 11:29:31 PM

Hi:

Quick question. I finally got MPT to recognize the V180 and V220 phones.
The driver I installed was for the USB_modem - so the USB port can talk to
the phone. Now, do I need to install a separate driver for the V180 and
V220 so MPT can work with the phone?

My problem is that it can see the V220 but it will not show me any of the
pictures or audio on the phone.

Thanks.

Bob

It has removed 2960 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

More about : mpt

May 9, 2005 1:27:36 PM

On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:29:31 GMT, "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com>
wrote:

>Hi:
>
>Quick question. I finally got MPT to recognize the V180 and V220 phones.
>The driver I installed was for the USB_modem - so the USB port can talk to
>the phone. Now, do I need to install a separate driver for the V180 and
>V220 so MPT can work with the phone?
>
>My problem is that it can see the V220 but it will not show me any of the
>pictures or audio on the phone.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bob

Me too. I have a V551 and have tried MPT with USB and bluetooth. No
matter what I do, I have to retrain MPT every time I start it. It
won't update (malformed URL message), it won't see my phone though I
have a template for it. Arrrrgh! What a piece of junk. It's like
software that's written by a committee.

I'll watch this thread. If there's a suggestion that will get this
software to run, I'll email a 6-pack to the author.

John
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 6:56:02 PM

Hi:

Let me add a few items here.

1. The MPT software does have to be retrained each time even though you
would think the profile name would allow it to load the correct
information
for the phone I have connected.

We finally got MPT to recognize the 2 V180's and one V220. A second V220
it
does not work with correctly.

2. The second V220, MPT does not show the music or any picture files on
the
phone. (remember, it works just fine showing the files on the first
V220).
The second V220 has memory almost full. 2K bytes available (my daughter
has
tons of pictures) So, I deleted 1 picture thinking that it may need a
small
amount of memory on the phone for some reason. To no avail.

So, on the second V220 I can not download or upload to the phone.
Basically, I want to download the pictures and then delete them from the
phone so ringtones may be uploaded.

Any ideas?

Bob Lally

"Spectrum" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:29:31 GMT, "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi:
> >
> >Quick question. I finally got MPT to recognize the V180 and V220
phones.
> >The driver I installed was for the USB_modem - so the USB port can talk
> >the phone. Now, do I need to install a separate driver for the V180
and
> >V220 so MPT can work with the phone?
> >
> >My problem is that it can see the V220 but it will not show me any of
the
> >pictures or audio on the phone.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Bob
>
> Me too. I have a V551 and have tried MPT with USB and bluetooth. No
> matter what I do, I have to retrain MPT every time I start it. It
> won't update (malformed URL message), it won't see my phone though I
> have a template for it. Arrrrgh! What a piece of junk. It's like
> software that's written by a committee.
>
> I'll watch this thread. If there's a suggestion that will get this
> software to run, I'll email a 6-pack to the author.
>
> John

It has removed 3042 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
May 11, 2005 7:05:27 AM

MPT 3.19 does not fully load in my PC and wrecks havoc in my V600. I use
3.11 and stay away from 3.19.
"Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Let me add a few items here.
>
> 1. The MPT software does have to be retrained each time even though you
> would think the profile name would allow it to load the correct
> information
> for the phone I have connected.
>
> We finally got MPT to recognize the 2 V180's and one V220. A second V220
> it
> does not work with correctly.
>
> 2. The second V220, MPT does not show the music or any picture files on
> the
> phone. (remember, it works just fine showing the files on the first
> V220).
> The second V220 has memory almost full. 2K bytes available (my daughter
> has
> tons of pictures) So, I deleted 1 picture thinking that it may need a
> small
> amount of memory on the phone for some reason. To no avail.
>
> So, on the second V220 I can not download or upload to the phone.
> Basically, I want to download the pictures and then delete them from the
> phone so ringtones may be uploaded.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Bob Lally
>

> "Spectrum" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:29:31 GMT, "Bob L." <bob_lally@prophezine.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hi:
> > >
> > >Quick question. I finally got MPT to recognize the V180 and V220
> phones.
> > >The driver I installed was for the USB_modem - so the USB port can talk
> > >the phone. Now, do I need to install a separate driver for the V180
> and
> > >V220 so MPT can work with the phone?
> > >
> > >My problem is that it can see the V220 but it will not show me any of
> the
> > >pictures or audio on the phone.
> > >
> > >Thanks.
> > >
> > >Bob
> >
> > Me too. I have a V551 and have tried MPT with USB and bluetooth. No
> > matter what I do, I have to retrain MPT every time I start it. It
> > won't update (malformed URL message), it won't see my phone though I
> > have a template for it. Arrrrgh! What a piece of junk. It's like
> > software that's written by a committee.
> >
> > I'll watch this thread. If there's a suggestion that will get this
> > software to run, I'll email a 6-pack to the author.
> >
> > John

> It has removed 3042 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 9:58:37 AM

Spectrum <none@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Me too. I have a V551 and have tried MPT with USB and bluetooth. No
> matter what I do, I have to retrain MPT every time I start it. It

Did you do a Live Update?
After many gyrations and go-rounds, I think I have the magic incantations
in the right order.

Motorola V551 from Cingular.
< http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cell-phone-service/cel... >
DLink DBT-120 purchased at Fry's Electronics.
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=34

Uninstall my DLink DBT-120 and Mobile Phone Tools from the add/remove
programs in the control panel.

Follow the instructions to verify that the device is gone.
Install the latest DLink Drivers and disable the WindowsXP-SP2 drivers.
http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2146

Install Mobile Phone Tools 3.11.
http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/upgrade/US/
Skip phone detection until after LiveUpdate.
Create a new profile of some name, and select it as the default.
Visit the menu, setup, invoke LiveUpdate. (3.25b 4/8/2005)
Don't automatically launch again at the end of the update.

From My Bluetooth Places, Search for Devices in Range, and Establish
Pairing. This requires that Bluetooth be turned on in the phone.
You should be able to use the OBEX File Transfer to upload pictures from
the phone.

Start Mobile Phone Tools.
If the phone isn't detected, try finding it manually.
http://support.bvrp.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=234
An odd typo in those instructions:
"PhoneTools should not be setup" should certainly be
"PhoneTools should now be setup"

The next time I start, I can turn on the bluetooth in the phone and launch
Mobile Phone Tools.

If you are using a Motorola Bluetooth adapter, there is a new driver on the
BVRP site noted above.

--
---