Transferring from pc to A630

Last response: in Brands
May 7, 2005 11:09:03 PM

Does anyone have the know how on transferring ringtones, pictures, videos
and so on from a desktop pc to the phone via cable. I currently have the
motorola A630 which is on the T-mobile network. If not by cable then the
bluetooth method would suffice. Thanks in advance!

More about : transferring a630

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 11:09:04 PM

Thick_9 thought about it a bit, then said...
> Does anyone have the know how on transferring ringtones, pictures, videos
> and so on from a desktop pc to the phone via cable. I currently have the
> motorola A630 which is on the T-mobile network. If not by cable then the
> bluetooth method would suffice. Thanks in advance!

If you've got a bluetooth adapter on your PC and have "bonded" your
phone to the PC, you just need to open your "My Bluetooth Places", View
devices in range, and it should show your phone, which you can double-
click to add media files.

Note that you can't install games this way, nor copy your phone database
files.

For full copy (well, except games) you need to buy a copy of Mobile
Phone Tools or DataPilot. They're both incredibly buggy, though...

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

"Thick_9" <thebigwink@verizon.net> wrote in

> Does anyone have the know how on transferring ringtones, pictures,
> videos and so on from a desktop pc to the phone via cable. I
> currently have the motorola A630 which is on the T-mobile network. If
> not by cable then the bluetooth method would suffice. Thanks in
> advance!

Download a copy of P2kman and get a data cable for the phone and you are
in.
July 15, 2005 10:48:12 PM

You can do it nicely with MPT 3.x, for ring tones, wall papers the tool
is good enough. no bugs. Make sure you download all available updates
to the software.

--
MotoFan