Sign in with
Your question

Home network - not able to find devices

Last response: in Networking
January 16, 2013 10:50:55 PM

Hi,
Thank you for reading my question.

I have a home network set-up. its like this:

My internet comes to D-link 655 wireless router from there I have wired connection, one of the connection goes to a switch from this switch I connect wired devices in my office.
Another connection from D-link 655 router goes to another wireless router in my living room which is a Linksys router. My few devices and a laptop connects to this router.

My problem is I am not able to see the devices connected to my Linksys router from my office devices.

Please help.

Please let me know if you have more questions/comments.

regards,
Avesh
January 17, 2013 1:37:10 AM

I would say that it's all in how you have set up your network and have you a network password that you have entered into all the devices.
Can you see the devices in your office from the living room ?
The linksys router will have to also have the same password so that the network can include those devices that are attached to it.
m
l
January 17, 2013 11:27:33 AM

inzone said:
I would say that it's all in how you have set up your network and have you a network password that you have entered into all the devices.
Can you see the devices in your office from the living room ?
The linksys router will have to also have the same password so that the network can include those devices that are attached to it.

Thank you for your reply. I have the same password for both routers, I can't see my office devices from my living room devices.
As I was trying to google this yesterday, it seems how one connects the secondary router to the primary in "cascade networking". I am going to check it further and will report back.

Meanwhile other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you once again
m
l
Related resources
!