Bluescreens after .NET Framework Updates x64

So I had automatic updates that installed when I was AFK.
Came back, restarted. Within a minute, blue screen.
Restarted again, blue screen.
Went into safe mode and did system restore.

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800B21C920
BCP3: FFFFFA800B21CC00
BCP4: FFFFF80002FE4510
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\052912-9734-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dan the Man\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-15225-0.sysdata.xml

I'm assuming it's going to to try and install again.
What can I do to fix this?

On a side note, It seems like ASRock XFast LAN is bugging out now...
6 answers Last reply
More about bluescreens framework updates
  1. I don't know what to say but I know something in the recent updates is causing some serious issues. Some update completely borked my install of Win 7 x64 so I had to wipe and try again. Seems stable so far, but who knows. Good luck "dan the man"!
  2. Lol, my friend named it that...

Is it odd that it's trying to update .NET Framework 3.5.1 and .NET Framework 4?

Edit: So I downloaded/installed the updates that were not .NET Frameworks and no blue screen yet.
  3. Keep us informed, since I had this issue I am curious. Maybe a update was corrupted or a pushed update was bad. Who knows? Your system is different from mine (your lucky Z77 owner! I'm stuck on a 990FX machine... grr.) so I would love to see what the common denominator was.
  4. I can't find the post now, but last week 3 superceeded .net patches kept showing up in XP and would continuosuly try to install even after it said installation succedded. Miscrosoft fixed the issue like a day later. I'm not sure if this affected win 7 also, but hopefully this shouldn't be a problem for you anymore.
  5. Well it automatically installed 3 of .NET Frameworks 3.5.1 when I went to sleep... 4 hours ago, lol. Assumed I would just have to do system recovery in the morning.

The updates it left were one .NET Framework 3.5.1 and a 4. Assuming that the two different versions were interferring...

Turning off automatic updates, lol.

I'm going to talk to my friend about it, and I'll let you know if I decide to update them both, just to see what happens again.

I'll post here if I do.
  6. Hawkeye22 said:
    I can't find the post now, but last week 3 superceeded .net patches kept showing up in XP and would continuosuly try to install even after it said installation succedded. Miscrosoft fixed the issue like a day later. I'm not sure if this affected win 7 also, but hopefully this shouldn't be a problem for you anymore.

Ironically, When I had a mass update after I first loaded windows, I swear I saw a .NET Framework fail to install. Out of all the updates. Another time I tried to update with .NET Frameworks, my screen froze up with bold lines coming down it (the kind I've seen when failing at OC'ing a GPU).

I think that is a separate issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Framework Blue Screen Windows 7