Setting up a Router - URGENT HELP PLEASE

LukaB

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hello,

I have an ADSL Splitter which 1 goes to my internet, the other to my phone.

I am currently using a Kasda so I set it up Directly, but the Kasda doesn't have wrieless so I bought DIR-120. Unfortunatly it does not accept WAN Cables.

So I am looking to get this to work, how can I get it to work?

I have

2) 2 Routers (one accepts WAN), the other doesn't (Wireless one, which I want to use because it has wireless)

2) ADSL Splitter and 3 WAN Cables (exlucind the one going from the wall to the splitter), so basically 1 is for the phone, and the other is for the internet.

So I cannot get the WAN Cable from the adsl splitter to go to my WIRELESS router because the wireless router won't recognize the WAN Cable, and my ADSL Splitter only accepts WAN Cables.

I have like 3-4 extra LAN Cables.

PLEASE Help , pissed at this situation!

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
You WAN cables are just telephone cables that for DSL sometimes put rj45 rather than rj11 on.

Read the sticky on the forum on how to make your router into a AP. There are 2 ways to cable it depending on your router feature but you in effect cable your wireless router behind the DSL router.

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
You have to be careful with your terms. A DSL cable is not a WAN cable except on a DSL modem/router. The other ports are all ethernet ports. On most routers the so called wan port is ethernet and uses what you are calling lan cables but they are generally referred to as ethernet cables.