cingular v551- cellphone updated time[zone] automatically

Last response: in Brands
May 9, 2005 1:32:07 AM

when travelling I found this interesting, obviously it does a little
work for free
is this commonplace? kind of interesting..

also comes back to an earlier question of mine tho
can there also be things added/taken off the phone w/o intervention?

I'd still swear a picture was removed before I got to it.. :b
But I would THINK the picture was on local memory ONLY/not accessible..

--
CKaz
May 10, 2005 3:11:31 AM

On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:32:07 -0500, CKaz
<CKaz.1oqu0y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>when travelling I found this interesting, obviously it does a little
>work for free
>is this commonplace? kind of interesting..

When I roamed to USA in December my V500 clock updated itself off one of
the networks visible at DFW airport (AT&T, I think). It also updated again
on Rogers (but not Fido) in Canada.

My home network (Orange UK) also didn't send a clock signal, so I had to
manually set my clock back to home time.

--
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
Eridani Star System

MailStripper - "The easy spam filter."
http://mailstripper.eridani.co.uk/
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 3:40:07 AM

Interesting, yeah I was set both ways, guess I'll figure it was the
airport(s) doing the trick - thanks for the heads up :)

--
CKaz
May 12, 2005 11:05:32 AM

Soruk wrote:
> On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:32:07 -0500, CKaz
> <CKaz.1oqu0y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>
>>when travelling I found this interesting, obviously it does a little
>>work for free
>>is this commonplace? kind of interesting..
>

> When I roamed to USA in December my V500 clock updated itself off one of
> the networks visible at DFW airport (AT&T, I think). It also updated again
> on Rogers (but not Fido) in Canada.
>
> My home network (Orange UK) also didn't send a clock signal, so I had to
> manually set my clock back to home time.

I can also confirm that Rogers (but not Fido) in Toronto, Canada changes
the time of my V551 automatically if its "Time & Date" is set to "Auto
update". I also wish to know which networks in the UK, Spain and
Portugal also provide this service. TIA

davidT
!