cingular v551- cellphone updated time[zone] automatically

when travelling I found this interesting, obviously it does a little
work for free
is this commonplace? kind of interesting..

also comes back to an earlier question of mine tho
can there also be things added/taken off the phone w/o intervention?

I'd still swear a picture was removed before I got to it.. :b
But I would THINK the picture was on local memory ONLY/not accessible..

--
CKaz
More about cingular v551 cellphone updated time zone automatically

    On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:32:07 -0500, CKaz
    <CKaz.1oqu0y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    >when travelling I found this interesting, obviously it does a little
    >work for free
    >is this commonplace? kind of interesting..

    When I roamed to USA in December my V500 clock updated itself off one of
    the networks visible at DFW airport (AT&T, I think). It also updated again
    on Rogers (but not Fido) in Canada.

    My home network (Orange UK) also didn't send a clock signal, so I had to
    manually set my clock back to home time.

    --
    -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
    Eridani Star System

    MailStripper - "The easy spam filter."
    http://mailstripper.eridani.co.uk/

    Interesting, yeah I was set both ways, guess I'll figure it was the
    airport(s) doing the trick - thanks for the heads up :)

    --
    CKaz

    Soruk wrote:
    > On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:32:07 -0500, CKaz
    > <CKaz.1oqu0y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    >
    >>when travelling I found this interesting, obviously it does a little
    >>work for free
    >>is this commonplace? kind of interesting..
    >

    > When I roamed to USA in December my V500 clock updated itself off one of
    > the networks visible at DFW airport (AT&T, I think). It also updated again
    > on Rogers (but not Fido) in Canada.
    >
    > My home network (Orange UK) also didn't send a clock signal, so I had to
    > manually set my clock back to home time.

    I can also confirm that Rogers (but not Fido) in Toronto, Canada changes
    the time of my V551 automatically if its "Time & Date" is set to "Auto
    update". I also wish to know which networks in the UK, Spain and
    Portugal also provide this service. TIA

    davidT

Motorola Cell Phones Cingular