Sign in with
Your question

My Monitor Sound Isn't Working - Help Please

Last response: in Windows 7
May 29, 2012 11:32:41 AM

I have this double sided 3.5mm jack. One end went in to the line in circlular slot on the monitor, the other went into the headphone slot on my desktop.

It was working yesterday, thenm it stopped so I redownloaded the driver. It worked again. However, today it isn't working and I've tried reinstalling the driver.

How can I sort the problem out?

This is what appears on device manager:

More about : monitor sound working

May 29, 2012 12:48:28 PM

Do you often plug and unplug the jack into the desktop? I would suggest that you check the seating of your sound card. Has it come loose for some reason?
May 29, 2012 12:56:45 PM

Rumbletum said:
Do you often plug and unplug the jack into the desktop? I would suggest that you check the seating of your sound card. Has it come loose for some reason?

I've only unplugged the jack a few times, I don't understand why it isn't working ........
Related resources
May 29, 2012 6:20:49 PM

Heeeeeeelp
May 29, 2012 7:27:19 PM

You stated you plugged it into the headphone jack on your computer. Is this the jack on the front or top of the tower or is it plugged into the jack on the back of the tower into the Motherboard or Soundcard?
May 29, 2012 8:18:55 PM

Flareside said:
You stated you plugged it into the headphone jack on your computer. Is this the jack on the front or top of the tower or is it plugged into the jack on the back of the tower into the Motherboard or Soundcard?

It's plugged into the front of my case, not the motherboard back panel.

Have I plugged it in wrongly? I don't know where on the backplate it goes, there's so many same sized holes.
May 29, 2012 8:29:31 PM

Flareside said:

LOL so I plugged it into the green hole at the back plate of the motherboard and now it's working. However, I'm unsure on why it worked when it was at the front slot of my case in the speaker hole :D 

Oh well, thanks for the idea!
May 29, 2012 9:33:04 PM

Well the headphone jack on the front should work as well but its possible that its connection to the motherboard is flaky.

Glad you are back up.

Flare
!