Fast Custom PC's, but what about Eye Candy???

The_Thing

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
I have been building computers for about 2 years. I just started moding my cases. Mod kits are really cool, so are those rounded IDE cables, and lightup fans. There's just one problem with all this modding! No rounded Power supply cables!!! I've fugred out a simple and cheap way to make them look just as good a those rounded IDE cables. Put some plastic tubing over them. You can buy it at any hardware store. I've found that Black and other darker colors generally look the best no matter what color Light you have. It's ususally about $.50 per foot. You can buy the ribbed tubing or the spiralt tubing. I've found that the ribbed tubing is much easier to put on. With the ribbed tubing, I would recommend putting a tie starp on each end in order to avoide havig one fall off.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
no... somone actually rounded all the cables from a PSU. It is possible. Shame i dont have the link though. you COULD do it yourself though, with some netting stuff and shrink wrap plastic.

<b>Pentium4 Celleron: The computing worlds Rice Car.</b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
The main power connector yes, a black fishnet type webbing stuff.

All the other aux and molex connectors though dont. so look a tad messy.

<b>Pentium4 Celleron: The computing worlds Rice Car.</b>

jheine

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
I remember seeing that too. If I remember, each PSU was custom ordered, they shrinkwraped all the cabling, and you could even get a lighted PSU fan. I can't for the life of me remember the company or the link, though.

Jarrett

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new"><b><font color=red>Join The THGC Music Project</font color=red></b></A>

UDHA

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2003
wow, I can see now that black would look much better than yellow red and black everywhere in disarray. I think though that the cover would only bulk it up causing (barely) more heat, rather than the intened less head that rounded IDE cables provide. if IDE cables were already round I don't think it would have ever been thought of to wrap them in plastic colours :p But I am conservative, although my computer's gizzards are all cable tied, neat and out of the way, I don't have a window, or anything else, I do have PC-60USB though :D