Pommie

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2003
I hope somebody can offer advice as Creative havent been any help with my problem.
I have a sound blaster Live 5.1 Platinum with a Live Drive.
My OS is Windows XP
Windows installs all the drivers automatically and everything works fine.
I have upgraded to the latest creative drivers (better sound and bug in a game).
The problem is that the Live Drive is no longer recognised.
I went with the solution from creative that says, move your PCI card to another slot, this causes the Live drive to be recognised again, however the AudioHQ now reports that the drivers need to be installed!
If I install the drivers again, guess what... Yep it loses the Live Drive again??

Any help is appreciated.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
HAHAHAHAHAHA, Weeeeee, I'm sure glad I sold my Live Platinum 5.1!!! Yes, I had weird driver problems with things disappearing, like the rear channels! I gave up and sold it, after fixing at least half a dozen bugs. But do I actually REMEMBER any solutions? NO! Sorry, but at least you know that someone was listening!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Pommie

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2003
OK I'm guessing Im not going to get any resolution for this problem? Creative support is really bad!
One thing that has amazed me when searching for a solution is how many issues thare appear to be with the Live! series and drivers. My AWE32 was a great card and thats why I stuck with creative.
My question ow is wether I should move on for soemthing else (Philips or Turtle Beach) or try the new Audigy?
The only reason I would stick with Creative is because I have this cool Live Drive and I believe it can be used with Audigy cards?

Any advice anyone?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Live Drive II can, not certain about 1, but you would loose features with 1 that are on II. Anyway, I've had enough of Creative, all the PCI cards I've had from them are garbage. In fact, my ECS 1868F cards were better than my SB16 cards IMO. Anyway, I recommend the TBSC.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>