How to setup a TV, PLEASE HELP!!!

king_yip

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2002
Ok, here's what I have: A7N8X deluxe and Leadtek Winfast A250 Ultra ViVo, and I am trying to make this to work with my crap TV(with VCR), there are only 3 cable slots for my TV, Audio(white), Video(yellow), and the regular cable plug.

Maybe the setup guide really is that bad or I am just too noobish setting up these stuff, but I got my monitor plugged in the regular monitor slot, then I used the blue ViVo cable and plugged into the middle slot. Now this cable splits two different way, Video In and Video Out.

Assuming I am not a complete idiot, I plugged the yellow cable to the Video Out slot on the ViVo cable and my yellow cable slot on my TV, all I can see is columns of black and white with the screen flickering. Then I tried plugging it to the Video In slot and played a tape, my little software from Leadtek shows a blank screen.

How am I suppose to setup this thing? Under display properties I only see one monitor, shouldn't my TV be there too? I should be able to display my desktop on both my monitor and my tv right?

PLEASE HELP!!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
In advanced display settings somewhere you have to turn on "twin view" or whatever it's called, and set it to clone mode.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

king_yip

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2002
Got it! Thanks a million! I have it set up so my mouse can whatever I drag and rollover to the 2nd screen, now the final question is... can I display the same desktop I am viewing right now instead of having it act like an extended screen?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, you have to select "Clone View" instead of "Extended View"

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>